Z8 ultrex tell me what I need to know

Mainly concerned about the foot pedal, what have you guys done for mods or plates to cover the foot pedal hole.

2. Member
    Grinded corners of recessed hole on my z9, wasn’t a fan but it works. Just gotta grind and check over and over again

3. Member
    Cut out the back corners. bout 3 1/2 inches forward and 1inch each side

4. Member
    I just put an ultrex on my 2013 Z9. The pedal fits the existing tray if you do the following:
    1) Place the pedal all the way forward in the tray. The bottom of the pedal is bigger than the top of the pedal so If you can get it in there, then you can set it up to turn free.
    2) Move the factory 36 volt plug location from the front of the bow cover to somewhere on top of the bow cover or anywhere else you like that is not right in front of the pedal (I added a new Minn Kota Plug (MKR-18) and just disconnected the original female plug) as it interferes with the trolling motor cables.
    3) Install a spacer between the tray and the bottom front of the pedal to lift the front of the pedal slightly. This allows you to be further forward in the tray and keeps the cables and power cord from being pinched between the bow cover and the front of the pedal. I used a 6-7" piece of treated 1"x1" lumber that I stained grey as my spacer. You drill and screw that into the front of the tray and then screw the pedal down on top of that. The back of the pedal screws directly into the tray.

I honestly cant feel a difference in the pedal with the small spacer versus flat. It beats the heck out of putting a plate over the tray and learning to balance on one foot again. The pedal is completely free so the spotlock and jog work well. I didn't have to cut into the deck of the boat or grind anything.

Good luck with the install. Love my Ultrex once I got the kinks worked out!

5. Member
    Good info. The ultrex will be here tomorrow. Excited to get it on the boat.

6. Member
    see my post on the 3rd page of the below. Highly recommend having FishOnFabrication's make you a custom try as he has done for many on this forum.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=765934&page=3

7. Member

8. Member

9. Member
    [QUOTE=Joe Genovese;9379650]Cut out the back corners. bout 3 1/2 inches forward and 1inch each side[/QUOTE

+1
    I tried several different ways of mounting the foot petal in my Z-9. It fits if you have it all the way forward in the tray, but the front of the petal was rubbing against my fish finder wires. When the foot petal rubs or has any restance when spot locked it will disengage spot lock. So, I decided to do what Joe suggested and trim out the back corners of the tray and slide it all the way back. Once I cut the corners out, I refiberglassed the holes and glued the existing carpet right back over it. Had it out yesterday and spot lock worked flawlessly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Nitro Z-9
    2019 Suzuki DF250SS
    MinnKota Ultrex iPilot Link
    Humminbird Solix SI 10 & 12
    Lowrance Carbon 12’s