Helix 10 simulation questions

I bought two of these Helix 10 SI chirp mega gps g2n's with the current software v1.610 at the same time. One of them freezes in simulation mode after about 1 to 5 minutes. When it freezes there is no response from any button, power must be disconnected to shut it off. I have restored to default settings several times with the same result. The other unit I have does not display this problem in either mount (bow and console) position. This is the only problem that it has shown so far, I have only been on the water with them 3 times since I finished installing. The freezing on this unit first happened on my initial power on test in simulation mode of the system (2 Helix and 360 added to Ultrex and 798) I installed. Now that I am trying to set the unit up using simulation mode it is a real problem for me.

Is this going to be a return to Humminbird deal?

Did you know when you email Humminbird "serial number input must be no more than 11 characters long", really!?! All of mine on the Helixs are 12.

2. Member
    I hope you get an answer. I also got the exact same units and I am having the exact same issue

3. Member
    What is the 798 connected to? Have you updated the Ultrex? I have been working through similar issues but I have non mega helix units and a 998. Making sure all units and the Ultrex were up to date on software has apparently solved my issues.