Banned

Just upgraded my starting battery

Last year I picked up a new cranking battery for my ranger and went with an interstate flooded battery that “met” the requirements. After a season of low voltage issues, graphs shutting down at start up and constantly getting the low voltage alarm I went with an expensive optima 31 agm battery and have to say I should have done it last season and saves the money I spent on that interstate. All the issues I had with the last battery are gone. Soon as my everstarts burn out I’ll get two more optimas to run the Tm. Can’t believe the difference. So happy.

2. Member
    optimas made by interstate also (johnson controls owns both)
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    I used to get great service out of Optima's when they were "Made in the USA" but after they moved to Mexico I haven't gotten one that would last more than 2 years.

The boat I just bought has 3 brand new Optima Blue Tops in it and I hope they last many years.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

4. Member
    I’ve had very good luck with the optimas. I run em in my boat. From my experience, if they’re good from the start then your good to go for a few years. But I’ve gotten 2 that were crap right out of the gate that wouldn’t hardly start the boat or hold a charge. So to me, u know early on if uve got a good one or a bad one. But that’s just my experience.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I only had to read the first sentence and I found your problem.... Interstate battery...

They are straight GARBAGE!!!!!

Get a Northstar/X2 (batteries plus) AGM or a Deka AGM and you can thank me later.

If money isn't an issue get a lithium.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    I only had to read the first sentence and I found your problem.... Interstate battery...

Get a Northstar/X2 (batteries plus) AGM or a Deka AGM and you can thank me later.

Spent two days on the water with new battery, no issues at all happy with battery. Not spending that money on lithium.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post

Completely agree with this^^^^^^^
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke