Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    So tired hearing "whites this" Blacks this". It has nothing to do with white/black/purple/red it has to do with actions. Act like your supposed to and color never comes in to play, PERIOD!

2. Member
    I would think the body cam's wouldn't be released unless there is a suit filed. Kind of like messin with Sasquatch!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    Give the guy a ticket and move on. The cops escalated the situation and made something out of nothing. The tax payers will be the ones who will pay in the end.
    Mmmm...not really. But there is a liability insurance company somewhere that is scrambling today.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    So tired hearing "whites this" Blacks this". It has nothing to do with white/black/purple/red it has to do with actions. Act like your supposed to and color never comes in to play, PERIOD!
    Your assertion is untrue. It is clear that because he was a black guy in an expensive car they were going to fish for drugs. Had it been me or another white haired white guy parked there we would have gotten the ticket and a lecture.

Cop was sure he had a dealer or a transporter it was evident in the first words he spoke.

5. Banned
    Had it been me or another white haired white guy parked there we would have been greeted by them yelling to Me: "HELLO POWDER!!!! "

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    Your assertion is untrue. It is clear that because he was a black guy in an expensive car they were going to fish for drugs. Had it been me or another white haired white guy parked there we would have gotten the ticket and a lecture.

Cop was sure he had a dealer or a transporter it was evident in the first words he spoke.
    Maybe. Now, why is that?

7. Banned
    Maybe. Now, why is that?
    Veiled racist remark is veiled.

As germaine today as it was 100+ years ago...

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    As germaine today as it was 100+ years ago...

Sure it applies to some things, just not to this incident.

10. Member
    Veiled racist remark is veiled.
    So you think this cop put his uniform on that morning and said "I'm going to pick on a black person today" huh? That thought process is the problem today my friend.

Sure it applies to some things, just not to this incident.
    Wasn't applying it to the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Mmmm...not really. But there is a liability insurance company somewhere that is scrambling today.
    Who pays for the insurance?

13. Member
    The guy parked in 2 handicap spots. He is not handicapped so that was his first mistake. All on him. What idiot does that. And when a cop can't see your hands they suspect you might have a gun. Tension begins. When a cop tells you to take your hands out of your pockets you better listen because they are in charge. I don't get why people can't understand this. police order you to do something freaking do it. Not a hard concept. I don't think the police did anything wrong. I would expect to get tazed if I did what he did. But I wouldn't park in a handicap spot so I guess they would have no reason to stop me. I am sick and tired of people acting like the police are so terrible and prey on innocent people. there are laws for a reason. Follow them and your good.

So you think this cop put his uniform on that morning and said "I'm going to pick on a black person today" huh? That thought process is the problem today my friend.
    Probably not. However I do think that when he saw a young black male in an expensive car, nice clothes, gold chain etc he thought the guy fit the “profile”. The officer then escalated the situation from the very beginning of the encounter.

15. Banned
    Anyone else see the little man complex? Why are they so pissed????

16. Member
    If you follow simple directions, you will not be harmed (99.99%) of the time. No one is perfect. It is very easy to “Monday Morning Quarterback” after the fact.

Why didn't he take his hands out of his pockets like they asked?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseebass View Post
    Probably not. However I do think that when he saw a young black male in an expensive car, nice clothes, gold chain etc he thought the guy fit the “profile”. The officer then escalated the situation from the very beginning of the encounter.
    I get all that. Where did this "profile" come from? Did someone just make that up one day? Why does "expensive car, nice clothes, gold chains etc mean something is out of the ordinary? BECAUSE 99.9% of the time there is "something up"! No matter what color they are. Now for this "profile" BS. Is there "profiling"? yup and it's a damn shame. Now, who designed this "profile" and why is there such thing? Again, someone must have gotten out of bed and said " I don't like such and such people so I'm going to make a new thing start happening in the US and call it profiling". I don't know about you but I don't believe that.

Tried again to watch the video, to give it a fair go. Couldn't hear or understand a lot on my laptop's "booming sound system". (sarcasm) So I didn't watch all of the video. But I learned that Walgreen's are open until 2am, which I didn't know before, and still don't understand why. We do have some Walgreen's, but don't go there...they're mostly in bad neighborhoods.

What I could tell, was that the LEO gave the guy orders and the guy didn't obey. It also sounded like he asked "Why?". That's a bad idea. The officer is in charge. Deny everything if you wish, but don't make the officer think he's in danger. With the size of most pro athletes, that thought is always going to be on his mind, especially if solo.

I would ask why the police officer was concerned with the parking situation on what I would expect to be private property. Normally, they're not going to be interested in that unless the store called and said that somebody is parked across two handicapped spaces...which then makes me think the LEO may have thought it could be a getaway vehicle with a robbery in progress.

It seems that LEO's are going to have to study up on ID'ing all their local sports celebs by sight, at night, especially when they're wearing hoodies. By the way, I wear a hoody a lot, but I don't challenge the police and I'm not out & about at 2am.
    Last edited by Walkabout7781; 05-24-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Don't break the law, comply with cops requests, after you have broken the law...... Go home with a yellow piece of paper. Kinda that simple
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast