Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Well if I'm being detained by someone in authority who I feel is prejudice against me, my common sense is get through this quickly and handle it at a different time. I'll take my fight up with his superiors or the courts, not at 2 am in a parking lot.
    That hasnt worked in decades, why would it in your case?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Read the last the last paragragh in my post. In MY city the cops don't. If they are suppose to------- then they aren't doing their job.
    I bet they do , call and ask them or just go give it a try .

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Yes it does work.....

Quote Originally Posted by eojmama View Post

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

4. Member
    The officers have been disciplined and he's probably going to collect a check for his being tazed, so I would say the system has worked for him. i'm just suggesting cutting it short of having to get tazed by a prejudiced individual. The next step was being shot, what would that have accomplished.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I bet they do , call and ask them or just go give it a try .
    Well you being 1200 miles away I'm sure you know what goes on here. I have lived here for 67 years, maybe in the next 67 years things will change. A kid ran into my wife's vehicle 30 years ago in a parking lot, she called the cops, they don't go to pvt lots. More than a fender bender, the repair was half what the car cost new.

Well you being 1200 miles away I'm sure you know what goes on here. I have lived here for 67 years, maybe in the next 67 years things will change. A kid ran into my wife's vehicle 30 years ago in a parking lot, she called the cops, they don't go to pvt lots. More than a fender bender, the repair was half what the car cost new.

They enforce parking lots here.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    They enforce parking lots here.

Well they are too dam busy here. The citizens that hand out tickets for parking in handicap places hand out more tickets for handicap violations then a cop would have time for. There was one of those citizens that handed out a ticket in our company's parking lot because a company van was backed up to an office door blocking a handicap stall. The kicker is------ it is a parking lot for employees only, the handicap stall is required if you have a certain number of stalls. The courts said they couldn't do anything about it, company said that citizen was trespassing and they were going to press charges. Amazingly since the city didn't want to hinder that program----- the ticket vanished.

BTW that was in Omaha----- EVERYDAY there is a shooting in the hood, cops are busy here

8. Member

What do they do if it's a serious injury or fatality accident on private property?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    and the unfortunate situation that a part of society thats thinks more attention is always good attention and a way to be heard.
    I'm the least likely to ever draw attention to myself, and if asked for ID in that situation I would probably end up complying. I would be extremely pissed because I understand the officer has overstepped his authority, but I would do it. The officers are not in trouble because he was a black NBA player, they are in trouble because they were in the wrong.

10. Banned
    It isn't irrelevant but why lie?

Isn't a 'half truth' a 'full lie'?

11. Member
    Funny they day the same thing here but they'll dang sure write you a ticket in same parking lot. Had a friend get a reckless driving ticket for smoking the back tires.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I'm the least likely to ever draw attention to myself, and if asked for ID in that situation I would probably end up complying. I would be extremely pissed because I understand the officer has overstepped his authority, but I would do it. The officers are not in trouble because he was a black NBA player, they are in trouble because they were in the wrong.
    I imagine the fact that their report didn't match the video had more to do with the disciplined than him being in the NBA. Had they done that to a person that can't afford a cop eater shark attorney they might have gotten away with it. If the cops weren't wrong, why lie in their report?

13. Banned
    Now I realize that nobody thinks parking in a handicap spot is a big deal I get it should have stretched the rules a little. How would you same people feel if tournaments rules say you can't cull a dead fish no big deal shit there's millions out there hell it' not really hurting anyone........... except for the guys that now finish below you because of that 4 oz penalty that you didn't receive ......everyone has to play by the same rules even an underworked overpaid primadonna NBA player in Milwaukee which by the way is the 9th most dangerous city in my country run by a far left Democrat mayor we truly are stupid and weak ..... political correctness will be our demise some day......it's not far off

^^^^^weak analogy^^^^^^I don't think anyone who has commented has said the man didn't deserve a parking ticket. If he had gotten one, we wouldn't be discussing the situation at all.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Now we're getting somewhere. As for the first part of your post DEAD ON! I would feel and do the same thing. The problem is that a certain community of people thinks it's a better idea to completely show their ass and NOT abide. That is where the trouble begins. Where people like myself say ^&%$ it there's nothing I can do right now just get it done and I will worry about later. The other folks thinks it's a better idea to draw as much attention to the situation as possible so they can sream "LOOK LOOK THIS COP IS RACIST" when in fact it would have went down exactly the same way for me if I acted like that. Absolutely nothing to do with being black (except they are unfortunately the ones to try and prove a point in these situations) or an NBA playa

16. Member
    Energizer bunny! Still going!!!

I know what youre saying and I agree.

But just imagine if they had "stop and frisk" in in wyoming, do you think those cowboys would put up with being frisked walking into the local CO-OP?

Its a double edged sword, if you act like an animal you get treated like one and if you get treated like an animal you start to act like one.
    I think about 85% of the world would just hand over ID.. cowboy ..gas pumper which ever ...especially when they put themselves in the situation in the first place ...why make what could be a very quick thing Into a fight ??

bullshit excuse people act like animals because they got treated like one.. you act the way you want to act in life.. the excuse of it’s not my fault is much easier to throw out

But they can make money on illegal H/C parking .

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I think about 85% of the world would just hand over ID.. cowboy ..gas pumper which ever ...especially when they put themselves in the situation in the first place ...why make what could be a very quick thing Into a fight ??

bullshit excuse people act like animals because they got treated like one.. you act the way you want to act in life.. the excuse of it’s not my fault is much easier to throw out
    Im sure 85% or more would the 1st time or two but it would get real old, real fast.

If cops "legally" frisked me for no reason multiple times there is no telling what I would do. I have to much belief in the constitution and what our founding fathers did for us to just let the govt flush it down the toilet without a fight and I know a LOT of country folk just the same way.

Bullshit? How would you act getting harassed weekly simply for the neighborhood you live in? I certainly wouldnt be very nice to the cops, thats for sure.

A person isnt trash just because they live in the hood and just because a person is wearing a badge that is paid for by the govt doesnt mean they are not trash.

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    But they can make money on illegal H/C parking .
    Which (in theory) should discourage such laziness, rudeness, and stupidity. The more they can collect from miscreants, the less they need to tax me to keep the PD in new cruisers. Maybe Sterling Brown should get one of those cars that will park itself, because he obviously can't manage it himself.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast