Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks for the input guys..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Anyone have any problems with fish dying in their livewells? Fish two 4 Tuesday night tournys and lose a fish each night? How are you guys running you systems? Aerator on auto, recir atuo, single or both?

Thanks

Jim

Check to see if the water level is above the sprayer head. If it is, pump water out of it until it is below the sprayer. Turn the sprayer head to adjust the water level. It should be below the sprayer by a couple inches. You may have to do that a few times to get it right.

3. Member
    I had one die yesterday. Cost me a win. I think it was because it's already 95 degrees in east TX

4. Banned
    For those of you who live in HOT climates, I highly recommend the V-T2 livewell vents. Had them on my Skeeter when I lived in Florida year round. Lots of 90+ degree days on Okeechobee with 89-92 degree water and never had a problem keeping fish alive. Adding the V-T2s was one of the first mods I did to my 721... I have no affiliation with the company, just believe it is a very good product.

djd

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    For those of you who live in HOT climates, I highly recommend the V-T2 livewell vents. Had them on my Skeeter when I lived in Florida year round. Lots of 90+ degree days on Okeechobee with 89-92 degree water and never had a problem keeping fish alive. Adding the V-T2s was one of the first mods I did to my 721... I have no affiliation with the company, just believe it is a very good product.

djd
    I installed them last year on my 920. I have no idea if they work, but what they claim makes sense. In the Summer and Fall, we spend so much time & effort keeping fish alive that I thought it'd be worth it.
    2014 920/SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikldac View Post
    Check to see if the water level is above the sprayer head. If it is, pump water out of it until it is below the sprayer. Turn the sprayer head to adjust the water level. It should be below the sprayer by a couple inches. You may have to do that a few times to get it right.
    Turn sprayer heads fully closed. Back out 6-7 full turns. This is a pretty good starting points for flow to not overfill livewells.

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I check on my fish many times during the day. That works the same as vents by opening lids to livewell regularly.
    Never a dead one even on the hottest days, no ice either. I 've seen icing the water shock the fish before.

8. Member
    I kept a 5 lb walleye alive the other day in 90* heat. They seem very temp/oxygen sensitive from past experience. Didn’t use chemicals. Very lively when I took it out.
    Kept a 25lb drum alive in a tournament trying to win a trash fish pot. It was a tight fit in the well but it swam off just fine.

9. Member
    I never lost a large mouth in a Phoenix live well in fact I think you could throw Large mouth in a 5 gal bucket with no pump and they would live LOL. I do however some times have a small mouth die if i'm dropin on them in 30 to 50 of depth and the water below is 55deg and the surface temp is 70's.

What I do is fill the live well's 1st thing before the surface temps climb then I switch to using recirculate. I ice it every 1/2 hour or so to keeps temps down. At the mid point of the day I pump out the live wells and replace with fresh water to reduce any high ammonia from waste. Now I have to add a crap ton of Ice to keep the temps down in the afternoon also using recirculate again once full of fresh water. You MUST use live well additives of your choice to remove chlorine from the ICE. On a hot summer day I will use 21lbs of ICE.

So there is a support channel under the live well lids...did you guys install that V2 in the middle or forward on the lid?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12