Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blue Water LED Buy Out

Should be interesting to see how the pricing goes after T-H Marine bought out Blue Water LED.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

2. Member
    It surely won't go any higher, the mark up on that stuff is crazy

i dont think its possible to get any higher. I added a whole bunch of led lights for my boat for $40 when the blue water would have cost me hundreds to do the same. I was actually surprised to see how many folks actually buy the blue water when there are alternatives for much less cost.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobothewizard View Post
    i dont think its possible to get any higher. I added a whole bunch of led lights for my boat for $40
    Any links for the lights you bought? I did see some pretty good deals on Amazon. I'm looking for the small round lights as opposed to the tape LED's

5. Banned
    its because of bluewaters life time warranty and customer service. price rigid if you want to see expensive

6. Member
    Not to mention...if you hit their scratch and dent you can save a ton.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    People buy bluewaters due to bluewaters life time warranty and customer service as Troyboy mentioned, however not sure if that will be the case now with TH Marine taking over we shall see..

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    however not sure if that will be the case now with TH Marine taking over we shall see..[/COLOR]
    When big Corp buys out mom n pop it usually turns to crap, drop products, raise prices and CS goes down the tube... just my opinion but I'm sure others will agree....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    Hopefully T&H can get the quality under control and warranty back to the way it was.

10. Banned
    I bet the price goes up. Or they drop the strips and go to a pod style design to compete with Rigid. Why be unique when you can make a cheaper product and sell it for more money.

11. Banned
    bluewater has had a pod style for years

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    Should be interesting to see how the pricing goes after T-H Marine bought out Blue Water LED.
    I was thinking this was going to happen sooner than it did actually.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    People buy bluewaters due to bluewaters life time warranty and customer service as Troyboy mentioned, however not sure if that will be the case now with TH Marine taking over we shall see..
    How often do LEDs go bad? I suspect the lifetime warranty is more marketing then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    How often do LEDs go bad? I suspect the lifetime warranty is more marketing then anything else.
    Most LED applications boast 100,000 hour + lifespan..... 4,166 days - 24 hr per - worth of function. I'm here to tell ya - it don't happen. So, warranty is as important as you feel it is - or what your investment is.

they wouldn't replace my navigation strip ..
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !

I initially bought inexpensive LED strips off fleabay - they lasted a little over one season before individual diodes crapped out, and the clear outer coating cracked due to temperature changes and breakdown in UV light. Replaced them with Bluewaters and no issues after several years.
    It was a PITA to replace them - so ultimately it cost me by going "cheap" the first time around.

17. Member
    i use BW strip lights in my tool truck. they are on for 5-6 hours a day, 6 days a week for 2 years or so now, no issues at all!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

18. mikesxpress
    https://plashlights.com
    Lifetime warranty. I have two 5' long white strips and two 10' I use under my clear Gatorbak bunks for lighting them up. Thick well made lights.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    I initially bought inexpensive LED strips off fleabay - they lasted a little over one season before individual diodes crapped out, and the clear outer coating cracked due to temperature changes and breakdown in UV light. Replaced them with Bluewaters and no issues after several years.
    It was a PITA to replace them - so ultimately it cost me by going "cheap" the first time around.
    my experience was just backwards of yours I ordered the high dollar ones and had to replace them I got a set that had different colors. Every strip was a different color whoever did there color binning must have been white blind
    I bought cheaper ones and didn't have any trouble with them

20. Member

Often, Have 2 customers with constant problems with there strips. One has red the other orange ,both have multiple strip partial failures so Its not a wiring issue since entire strip is not out. I call and get replacements and the one the sent( orange ) weren't any good either. The fellow with red ones same think put replacements in all was good , he comes to pick up boat I walk him thru all repairs and turn them on and the new strip is good for a minute then the center half starts blinking like a xmas tree. The co was a joke piss poor quality then they changed there so called Lifetime warranty where you had to sent bad ones back to get replacements which is BS to tie up a boat for there poor product.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast