Thread: Rubrail issue

Rubrail issue

Tightened my screws today and now my insert is about a foot too long- what do you do about that? I know if i cut it off its going to shrink and be too short. The other 2 i did went back exactly the same

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Never seen that happen before ...?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Pull the insert out start over put both ends into the end caps at the back once that’s done install at the nose the work to the back both sides.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

4. Member
    Pull it out at the back and cut it. Then put the screw back th up the insert. It won't shrink or move then.

I just screwed it back into the same spot it was in and started pushing it in from the back and as i went it was pulling it out ahead of the long piece sticking out. Before i got to the bullet logo on the side it was all back in. Im guessing by pushing it in the way i did stretched it- i just put a glove on and walked down the side pushing it in toward the back with one motion. I figure that stretched it as i went

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Glad you got it fixed, are you home?

Yes

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    I just screwed it back into the same spot it was in and started pushing it in from the back and as i went it was pulling it out ahead of the long piece sticking out. Before i got to the bullet logo on the side it was all back in. Im guessing by pushing it in the way i did stretched it- i just put a glove on and walked down the side pushing it in toward the back with one motion. I figure that stretched it as i went
    Mine did the very same thing and I did as you...it all went back in with no problem.
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe