Thread: GPS info

GPS info

When I’m fishing areas like Red river in Shreveport how do I get good map info? Like to show where all the hazardous things are like wing dams and underwater obstructions.
    James Simmons (985)870-0201
    Stanford Baits Pro Staff Gambler Lures Pro staff Vector Hooks Pro staff Enigma rods pro staff
    P-line Pro Staff. Amphibia Eyegear Pro staff TH Marine Pro staff
    Woo!Tungsten Pro Staff Hoo-rag Pro Staff Sublime Wear Pro staff Crusher Lures Pro staff

Thanks for your help
    Stanford Baits Pro Staff Gambler Lures Pro staff Vector Hooks Pro staff Enigma rods pro staff
    Woo!Tungsten Pro Staff Hoo-rag Pro Staff Sublime Wear Pro staff Crusher Lures Pro staff

3. Member
    The only person who could answer that would someone who fishes your waters and has the maps you are asking about. Especially rivers are always changing and some of the features will be limited with the age of the map. I am sure if that someone sees your post they will gladly answer you. Bob

Thanks bob. I know there is a way to download navionics info for certain areas, I'm just not sure how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugabassangler View Post
    Thanks bob. I know there is a way to download navionics info for certain areas, I'm just not sure how to do it.
    No there is no way to download "certain areas" with Navionics. That is a Lakemaster Chart Select function.

You can view the current Navionics maps on their website's Chart Viewer to see if the details you want are included with their maps. Then you can purchase one of their map cards for your unit and/or also purchase the maps for your smart device with their Navionics Boating App. The App and Chart Viewer are current as of yesterday. A map card will be current when you update it after purchase.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No there is no way to download "certain areas" with Navionics. That is a Lakemaster Chart Select function.

You can view the current Navionics maps on their website's Chart Viewer to see if the details you want are included with their maps. Then you can purchase one of their map cards for your unit and/or also purchase the maps for your smart device with their Navionics Boating App. The App and Chart Viewer are current as of yesterday. A map card will be current when you update it after purchase.
    so if lakemaster doesn’t cover an area I’ll have to get a navionics card for that area? I have the app on my phone and it does show all I need.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugabassangler View Post
    so if lakemaster doesn’t cover an area I’ll have to get a navionics card for that area? I have the app on my phone and it does show all I need.
    Yes, a Navionics card would be a great option. I would look into the Navionics+ Regions South card, which has all the data you are looking for. It is a card that I rely on when I go to the Red. As with anything, just use your best judgement as far as navigation. It clearly shows the primary channel and how to navigate safely, but off the channel in any backwaters, I would use extreme caution and just idle.

Have fun out there!

Attached Images Attached Images