2000 Merc 200 EFI alarms

Is there a way to TEST the function of my alarms? I have never had an alarm aside from the low oil alarm due to the tank/pump delete when the shop installed this motor. I also know that the two lights on tha dash are not hooked to anything but I’d like to put at least the high temp light back into the circuit.

So really, I’d like to know what alarms are built into the motor and if I can test any of them to make sure they are properly wired: before I find out too late that they are not working.

maybe someone has some pointers for me:)

thanks!
    Karl

2. Member
    grnd temp sensor on stbd head with key on horn should activate
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

All ya have on a 2000 for warning is low oil and temp.find the tan wire and sending unit on head, and make sure it runs to a functioning,grounded, analog guage on dash.on a 2000 you should get your temp sending power thru the 8 pin cannon plug

Ok. So the sending unit can read temp? I was under the impression that it was an open/close device; either overtemp or within range. I may have to find a location for another gauge if that’s the case. I see the grey wire under the console and actually already had labeled it for temp but had no idea that it went to a gauge since there were only the red lights.

thanks- I’ll give that a whirl

Karl

5. Member
    Te starboard sender is alarm only. The port one if there is the temp gauge sender.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

6. Member
    I have the same motor and you also have an alarm for water in the fuel. I know this because I recently had this problem.

Ah-hah... that would be the sending unit on the separator I’d assume! I’m going to look into that, it likely grounds out a indicator light at the console- that’s perfect! It’s been a little while since I moved beyond the gauge wiring so I’ll have to revisit this and get all of those working!

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Kzaker; 05-30-2018 at 06:21 AM.