Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorfish View Post
    I have a triton and I am comfortable with the deck, I like to speed as well. I will take on last loo though

thx
    What kind of Triton do you have?

2. Member
    I was looking at legend vs Phoenix. In the end I went with the v21 & 250 g2

3. Member
    I was in the same boat as you as far as looking at a legend V20 or a 7 or 921. I ended up getting the V20 with a 250 SHO and have absolutely no regrets. Yes it is slower but the ride is great. I went from a Stratos 201 pro xl that was a great boat but there’s so much more room in the V20 it’s crazy. I’ve had the legend up to 71 with me, 1/2 tank of fuel and all my garbage compared to 75 in my stratos, not a huge difference and I’m still learning where this one likes to run. Good luck with your decision, you’ll be good either way you go.

Whats going to happen to legend in 5yrs? Will they share the same fate as stratos? Pro craft? Sure those same guys will be building boats in 5 yrs but will they be putting legend stickers on them? And if they do quit making them will you be able to find that dash panel you need? What about warranty issues?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    Phoenix for sure.

6. Member
    The only thing, and I mean the only thing that would lean me to the Phoenix is the uncertainty of legend’s future (I’d like to see em stay in production). I like the overall look of the V20, the quality build, the layout and deck width of the V20. I have no bias to either brand as I’m a Triton guy. Anything I feel about this topic is just my opinion.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Legend is done........... so I would go with the Phoenix.

8. Member
    If they never made another legend, it would still be my choice. All it takes is an actual comparison of looking at them. The build quality is so much better than a phoenix. If you are concerned about a boat falling apart and needing replacement panels, then you are either misinformed or looking at wrong boats.

9. Member
    Phoenix. This is from a former legend owner that now runs a skeeter fx.

10. Member
    I run a 721 and it's by far the best riding boat I've been in. Legend makes one fine boat so either one will be a good boat. The only issue with legend is nobody knows where they will be in a year or two. Charger is taking over the legend tournament on fork which tells me it's not looking good for them.

11. Member
    Get the Phoenix. I love mine. I've been in a V20, and it was a dog out of the hole and I found it to not have the smoothest ride in the rough stuff. Last week, I was doing 65 over 2 footers and a stiff wind. Felt like a Cadillac. Plus, Phoenix WILL take care of any issue you have immediately. Their customer service is second to none. Good luck with your search!

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

12. Member
    I've had a 721 for 5 years. After 3 back surgeries I trust my boat to not beat me up! Legends are beautiful boats, rode with Roumbanis last year on Toledo, but he is not in one now. Good luck on your decision.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

13. Member
    Everyone will tell u the boat they have is the best..id go to a dealer and ride and compare both and then decide which one fits your needs/wants the best.

Get the Legend

15. Member
    I've never been in a Phoenix although I've heard very god things about how they ride. My V 20 has been a great boat. If you set it up correctly you'll have a fast hole shot and a low 70's top end speed boat.

16. Banned
    Don’t get a boat and motor combo that is no longer made. Get the pheonix and slap a four stroke on the back instead of the pro xs

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Get the Legend

Legendary ride

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12