Confused About LakeVu Hd Ultra

If I download LakeVu Hd Ultra maps will I be able to make copies and use them on all units that I have registered on Garmin Express? I've spent hours researching this and I keep getting conflicting answers. The website says you must buy a card for each device but I've seen post where people say that's not the case. ????????

It's my understanding that if you order the SD card from Garmin you can only use it on the unit it's registered to, but if you download the maps via Garmin Express you can make copies and use them on any units you have registered on Garmin Express.

Any help would be appreciated.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

2. Member
    You can copy it up to ten times. Call the help line and they can walk you through it. I agree the conflicting info is very frustrating.

At least two Garmin sponsored pros and a field rep did not know this was possible.

The units it's must be registered in your account. It's not as simple as make a copy and plug it in. I use the active captain app on my phone. But you must also download on a PC. It takes couple of hours to download each time.

Good luck. You are not alone in wishing the process and equipment was more user friendly.

3. Member
    I started with the card. And was able to download to extra cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    If I download LakeVu Hd Ultra maps will I be able to make copies and use them on all units that I have registered on Garmin Express? I've spent hours researching this and I keep getting conflicting answers. The website says you must buy a card for each device but I've seen post where people say that's not the case. ????????

It's my understanding that if you order the SD card from Garmin you can only use it on the unit it's registered to, but if you download the maps via Garmin Express you can make copies and use them on any units you have registered on Garmin Express.

Any help would be appreciated.
    If you buy a card online that is mailed to you or buy it in a store you can use it on any device but you cannot copy it directly to other SD cards. However, if you register your purchased card there are options with Garmin Express:

If you download a registered map purchase through Express it will be usable on all your registered devices at the time of download.

You can download the map to additional SD cards and the additional copies will remain usable on your all your devices.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Is there a big difference in the already loaded maps on my 93sv echomap plus and the ultra hd maps?

Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    Is there a big difference in the already loaded maps on my 93sv echomap plus and the ultra hd maps?
    HD vs Ultra.JPG
    Garmin Pro Team