another trailer question.

so yesterday I got the brakes bled on my trailer from loosing a caliper a week or so ago.
    was a pain but got it done.

while bleeding the brakes last night I noticed that I had a small amount of oil leaking out of the hub on the braking axle.
    when I bought the boat a few months ago the guy I got it from had said he had replaced the axle. the hub on the axle is made by UPF and is a Vault hub system with a hybrid grease system in it.

while doing a little reading this morning I found online at Pacific Boat trailers website that it states in there that it is normal

this is what their website said

OIL LEAKAGE AT REAR SEAL

A slight amount of oil seepage at the rear seal is normal and necessary to lubricate the wiper lip of the seal for long life and sealing contaminants out. If excessive leakage is occurring, contact UFP for instructions.

this still has me a little concerned as I don't want to get water in the hub system.

have any of you ever ran into this or possibly know about these Vault hub systems

If it was mine I would change it. Every leak I've seen gets worse with use.
    I figure if oil can come out-- water can get in.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    If it was mine I would change it. Every leak I've seen gets worse with use.
    I figure if oil can come out-- water can get in.
    that is also my same thought.
    I'm going to try and contact the company on them. they say that the hub is a pressurized system and will not let water in because of that. but I don't know. never seen any like this before

Not sure how that system works to accommodate for added pressure from heat expansion while towing, ( liquid does not compress). Most have some type of spring to allow for that. However It's been my finding that if there's a leak it will just push out more oil and soon you will have a complete failure at the most inopportune time and place.