Fuel guage not working

My fuel gauge is stuck between 3/4 full and full. I've filled it up full and run it down about 15 gallons and it has stayed in the same spot. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919proxp View Post
    My fuel gauge is stuck between 3/4 full and full. I've filled it up full and run it down about 15 gallons and it has stayed in the same spot. Any suggestions or thoughts?
    Fuel sending unit in tank is probably bad. Is it under warranty?

3. Member
    Kinda what I was thinking. Warranty was up last year.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    if you dont mind changing it yourself I would still talk to Tim, the part may be covered.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Banned
    could be a stuck float. Sometimes the float guide gets a little tweaked during install. If you have easy access to it you can pull it and check. Real easy.

6. Member
    Mine had a similar problem but the guage would not go above a 1/4. If the gauge goes to 0 when off, then it is probably the sending unit. It is not hard to get to. It’s 8 screws to remove the back deck lid. Someone posted once with the screw locations. They are hard to find in the carpet. Mine had some residue on the shaft. Cleaned with fine steel wool. It’s just a magnet that slides up and down. Note the orientation of the sending unit. It looks like it can go in any which way but the holes are not the same. Needs to go back in the same way.
    2011 721
    2021 250 Mercury 4S, Fury 24

7. Member
    The gauge doesn't move at all, on or off. I don't recall if I went to 0 before when turned off.