Thread: BBQ side dishes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BBQ side dishes

Good morning, I'm looking for a couple of "different" side dishes to go with ribs and chicken kabobs this weekend. Beans, cole slaw and
    potato salad are usually fine but would like to have something that's out of the norm. Thanks.

2. Member
    Taco salad for us.... or grilled asparagus

3. Banned
    Baked mac n cheese.

4. Member
    Tomato cucumber salad

5. Banned
    Veggie skewers with tiny new potatoes, onions, bell pepper and pineapple hunks --marinated.

Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Baked mac n cheese.
    Smoked Mac N Cheese

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ891 View Post
    Smoked Mac N Cheese
    Yep!!! And can’t ever beat some good cornbread with bbq.

8. Banned
    Crowd favorite everywhere I go and my go to dish when I have to bring one to a party.

Take a 32 0z pack of just regular button mushrooms. Pop the stems out so have a little cavity. Set aside. Get you 1 pound of normal breakfast sausage. Hot or mild is your choice. Brown and chop up about as fine as you can get with your wooden spoon. Drain. Add 1 pack of cream cheese to sausage while still warm (helps cream cheese mix) and mix together well. Once mixed just put a spoonful of the mixture in each mushroom cap and line em up in a baking dish or pan. After all those are done sprinkle them grated Parmesan cheese and refrigerate. When your guests arrive just pull out and pop into a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or so until brown. So damn good!!!!

Just a great dish that’s a little different and you can do the prep work before hand. Of course you can season to your liking, but I find the susage and cheese have enough spice on their own.

Cornbread salad. Plenty of recipes on line. A little twist we like on the smoke mac and cheese. I take the mac and cheese off the smoker a little early. I then cut the tops off of some green, red and orange peppers and split some jalapeños. I grill these off and then stuff them with the mac and cheese mixed with some black beans and put them back in the smoker for another 20 minutes. Smoked twice baked potato casserole is good too
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Potato salad and slaw

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Cornbread salad. Plenty of recipes on line. A little twist we like on the smoke mac and cheese. I take the mac and cheese off the smoker a little early. I then cut the tops off of some green, red and orange peppers and split some jalapeños. I grill these off and then stuff them with the mac and cheese mixed with some black beans and put them back in the smoker for another 20 minutes. Smoked twice baked potato casserole is good too
    Cornbread salad is really good and something your guests may not have had!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Sounds interesting. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

13. Member
    Broccoli Salad is always a hit a my house.

14. Member
    I make coleslaw with mayo honey and cayenne. It is sweet and spicy. Also great if you shred some of the ribs and put on corn tortillas and put sweet spicy coleslaw on that.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Crowd favorite everywhere I go and my go to dish when I have to bring one to a party.

Take a 32 0z pack of just regular button mushrooms. Pop the stems out so have a little cavity. Set aside. Get you 1 pound of normal breakfast sausage. Hot or mild is your choice. Brown and chop up about as fine as you can get with your wooden spoon. Drain. Add 1 pack of cream cheese to sausage while still warm (helps cream cheese mix) and mix together well. Once mixed just put a spoonful of the mixture in each mushroom cap and line em up in a baking dish or pan. After all those are done sprinkle them grated Parmesan cheese and refrigerate. When your guests arrive just pull out and pop into a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or so until brown. So damn good!!!!

Just a great dish that’s a little different and you can do the prep work before hand. Of course you can season to your liking, but I find the susage and cheese have enough spice on their own.
    Friend makes those and they are darn good

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    I make coleslaw with mayo honey and cayenne. It is sweet and spicy. Also great if you shred some of the ribs and put on corn tortillas and put sweet spicy coleslaw on that.
    I believe ill be trying that this weekend

17. Member
    Take a few small heads on cabbage and cut the core out of them, now fill the cabbage cores with real butter, little salt and pepper plus bacon bits............rub the outside of the cabbage with butter then salt and pepper, cover them with foil and set them around the campfire to cook turning them every 10-15 minutes. They will steam cook and fall apart when done, this is a very tasty side dish! This can be done in the grill as well...........

18. Member
    How about striper dip. It is awesome.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

19. Member
    A great appetizer: hummus, with fresh basil, sun-dried tomato, olive salad and sprinkled with feta. Serve with warm pita bread slices.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Potato salad and slaw
    Living on the edge!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast