autochart live settings?

ok i just bought a helix 7 gps chirp g2n to use on my ipilot link. i did have autochart pc program and use sonar recordings to map. in the pc program there was setting for the distance from head unit to transducer and the height of headunit above transducer. so today i received the helix. i was going thru the settings on it. is there no settings for the distance for the headunit to transducer in autochart live? the reason i asked because i was planning on putting transducer on back of boat headunit on front of boat. 16ft distance from headunit to transducer. so when recording with ACL thats gonna make the gps point and depth off 16 ft? or is there something i am missing?

thanks
    Steve

2. Member
    anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by acwd1950 View Post
    anybody?
    You are missing a AS GRP GPS antenna at the transom when you are doing Auto Chart Live.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    That's what I would recommend also. If you're doing mapping, you want a GPS receiver as close as possible to the transducer location.
    If you're doing mapping off the boat stern, then you'd want a GPS puck at the rear positioned close to the transducer. If you're donig mapping off the bow of the boat/trolling motor, a depthfinder there or GPS puck would be what you'd want there.

Hope that makes sense