X19 Livewell timer

2018 X-19 livewell timers on aerator and recirc both will not work in the automatic position. Anyone else have any issues with this? Ive had the boat out about 4-5 times and seemed to work whenever needed until this past weekend. Both would work in manual position but not auto. Thanks.

2018 X-19 Midnight Blue
    175 SHO

2. Member
    Check the 5amp fuse behind the switch panel. Same thing happened to mine. Swapped the fuse and all is fine
    Last edited by Ckuhn02; 05-29-2018 at 11:36 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X19Blu View Post
    2018 X-19 livewell timers on aerator and recirc both will not work in the automatic position. Anyone else have any issues with this? Ive had the boat out about 4-5 times and seemed to work whenever needed until this past weekend. Both would work in manual position but not auto. Thanks.

2018 X-19 Midnight Blue
    175 SHO
    Yes check the fuse. We replaced it with a 10 amp. The five amp would blow after a little bit of use. The way ours was wired up is definitely weird. They had it wired to where the timer was always energized off of the main power switch in order for the one timer to run both the recirc and aerator.

4. Member
    took it back to the dealer and yes it was a blown fuse. I'm guessing both rec and aerator work off of the one timer and for some reason i had both in automatic, but still thats no reason it should be blowing fuses. txred0810 you said your refused to 10a , are you worried about overdrawing the the circuit and possibly causing a fire/melt situation?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X19Blu View Post
    took it back to the dealer and yes it was a blown fuse. I'm guessing both rec and aerator work off of the one timer and for some reason i had both in automatic, but still thats no reason it should be blowing fuses. txred0810 you said your refused to 10a , are you worried about overdrawing the the circuit and possibly causing a fire/melt situation?
    I believe that wire was 16 gauge if I remember correctly. Should have no problems fusing that with 10 amps. I would have preferred to use two timers for that set up and wired one to each switch. The way xpress has it wired seems wrong to me but I'm sure it's done all the time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txred0810 View Post
    I believe that wire was 16 gauge if I remember correctly. Should have no problems fusing that with 10 amps. I would have preferred to use two timers for that set up and wired one to each switch. The way xpress has it wired seems wrong to me but I'm sure it's done all the time.
    just looked at the specs for a tsunami 500gph pump and they require a 3amp fuse, so yeah if xpress is only using a 5 amp fuse and both pumps are pulling close to 3amps a piece and both are set in the automatic position and start at the same time then yeah your gonna blow a fuse for sure.