Butler County Lake

In the mood to try something new. Never fished Butler County Lake, any good?

2. Member
    Butler can be very good . Haven't been there this year , but when they are in the weeds it's on ! Bring a frog rod and a flippin stick. A chatterbait is also a good lure outside the weeds. If the water is high enough to allow fish to get in the weeds fish them !

3. Member
    Thanks for the tips, think thats what i will try tomorrow. What end of the lake is the weeds?

4. Member
    Guess by now you know the weeds are all around the main lake. How was the fishing?

5. Member
    I did not get to the lake in time for the top water bite. I caught two nice bass on a black jig and chunk. Water temp 78 deg and muddy. The dirt road drive in sucked. Thanks for the tips. I would fish it again but for sure get there at sunrise.
    Last edited by khart; 05-24-2018 at 04:25 PM.

6. Member
    best little lake in Kansas, if the weeds have grown or that steam grass has grown out on the left from the ramp, remember to use a heaver weight and pitch right in the stuff, not the outside but right in it, a big Texas beaver was always a good choice..same for the island in the back..