Replacement aerator pumps for live well.

Gentlemen, I have a question for any of you that have replaced their live well aerator pumps on an older Triton. I have a 2000 TR21 and the pumps need replacing. The problem I am having is all the new pumps seem to have a 3/4 inch inlet tube and my old ones are 1 inch. That seems like a pretty big gap to fill. Do you guys suggest I just put a big ole gob of marine sealant in there and tighten the nut down and pray it don't leak? I appreciate any advice I can get!

2. Member
    Tsunami 800 is a exact replacement pump.

3. Fishing is a Passion
    Check Flo-rite, might have adapters

https://flow-rite.com/
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

should be able to replace the pump with out disconnecting the hoses. the internals are a push and lock. at least my Tsunami pumps are. just cut the wires and replace .

5. Member
    Correct me if wrong but back in 2000 they used the standard Attwood pumps, these were not tsunami's and were not cartridge pumps. To change them out, you need to remove pump and flange as a unit and install all new tsunami components.

Mark

6. Banned
    I can verify that was the case with my 2001 186. It now has cartridge pumps

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Weare View Post
    Correct me if wrong but back in 2000 they used the standard Attwood pumps, these were not tsunami's and were not cartridge pumps. To change them out, you need to remove pump and flange as a unit and install all new tsunami components.

Mark
    True. Though you could switch out the entire motor head though and not disturb the sealer on the tube base.

8. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. Mine were the old style Attwoods. The motor does come off without disturbing the mounting, but this style is not sold any more so I had to replace the whole unit. I replaced them with the Johnson/Mayfair units. The inlet tubes are the same as the originals. They call them 3/4 inch but they measure out right at 1 inch. Dumb a-- that I am I forgot about looking at our brand new Cabelas store here in ABQ. Got what I needed there.