2009 Mercury Optimax warning beep at idle

Ser# 1b699415

200 optimax 2009

Couple weeks ago while idling through a no wake got an alarm and smartcraft guage was showing the engine, shut it off, just one solid beep for maybe 5 to 10 sec, took it to the shop they said it was a code saying, that it was not getting warm enough, said i had wood in both thermostats. Next trip out first long idle and it would beep again, my smart craft temp was 125, temp has never went over 127, I come home pull thermostats, no trash in them, checked them they opened at 130 degree, was washing them out under running water and they closed right up, Not sure where to go from here is there anything else I can check Thanks Jeff

Lake water was 67 degree the last trip
    One other thing I noticed was about 3 to 4 psi on water pressure at idle,

2. Member
    Need to get the code checked again to determine the issue........same as your car or truck.

When was the last time you cleaned the compressor strainer?

Just had it a month so i havent done anything i will check that,

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good idea to check that strainer (and other Recommended Annual Maintenance Items... see thread in the FAQ).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor