Time to get back on the horse.......

So i just looked back through some old training logs and realize I'm up 30 LBS since I moved to Jax.

I got to get back into the exercise and eating right routine

I need to lose a minimum of 50 LBS. I got a few work outs in last week and will be exercising a minimum of 3-4 days per week moving forward.

Starting to live the low carb lifestyle, reduce alcohol and cut out all processed foods.

Got to get this done!

I also need to figure out a way to eat better while on the boat, what do you guys eat while fishing a tournament?
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

I take chicken wraps .. at the special O tourney we bought some pre cooked birds at the store and I shredded them up .. onions and sweet peppers and spinach all jammed into a wrap with some mustard .. now I don’t go fishing without my chicken wraps

We also made some breakfast wraps with the same veggies and egg whites

That and my Bai coconut water kept me from packing on pounds when away for the first time ever .. will see if I can keep that up during the Northern Rally

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    So i just looked back through some old training logs and realize I'm up 30 LBS since I moved to Jax.

I got to get back into the exercise and eating right routine

I need to lose a minimum of 50 LBS. I got a few work outs in last week and will be exercising a minimum of 3-4 days per week moving forward.

Starting to live the low carb lifestyle, reduce alcohol and cut out all processed foods.

Got to get this done!

I also need to figure out a way to eat better while on the boat, what do you guys eat while fishing a tournament?
    As un-intuitive as it is, exercise is about the worst thing you can do to help lose weight. It gives you an excuse to eat and does almost nothing to shed weight. It’s great for you and you certainly should do it, but not while trying to lose weight.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/3/1684543...-burn-calories
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Don't agree...if you drop 300 calories of food and exercise 300 calorie burn more that equals 600 calories a day lost towards your weight. I'm proof exercise works.

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 97champion View Post
    Don't agree...if you drop 300 calories of food and exercise 300 calorie burn more that equals 600 calories a day lost towards your weight. I'm proof exercise works.
    How far do you have to run to use 300 calories? 3 miles is what a typical person has to run to burn 300 calories, but you can save twice that by skipping a bag of chips. Overwhelming medical evidence that diet is the only reasonable route to weight loss.
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    How far do you have to run to use 300 calories? 3 miles is what a typical person has to run to burn 300 calories, but you can save twice that by skipping a bag of chips. Overwhelming medical evidence that diet is the only reasonable route to weight loss.
    Not arguing with the thought but that's the first time I've ever heard that. My doctor said your body adjusts so when you cut calories it works at first but it does figure out a way to go back to storing those calories. And I've been told that when you start cutting back your body goes into a mode where it realizes its getting fewer nutrients so it tries to store them instead of using them, I don't know if that's true but just what I've been told.

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    Not arguing with the thought but that's the first time I've ever heard that. My doctor said your body adjusts so when you cut calories it works at first but it does figure out a way to go back to storing those calories. And I've been told that when you start cutting back your body goes into a mode where it realizes its getting fewer nutrients so it tries to store them instead of using them, I don't know if that's true but just what I've been told.
    That's generally why starving yourself doesn't work. Physical activity is great, but study after study shows that when you start trying to lose weight, increasing your physical activity to levels that can produce weight loss works against you and most people who try it tend to actually gain weight. It makes you hungrier and it psychologically gives you an excuse to eat. Both of those make it harder to stick with healthier eating habits. The only real way to lose weight and keep it off is to adjust the way you eat, and while you are developing the new habits you don't want to throw things in to make it harder.

A very simple example: Say you want to lose one pound. You can do it two ways. First is to run 3 miles a day for 12 days without changing your diet or reducing your other activity levels. The second way is to remove the equivalent of a medium order of fries from McDonalds from your daily diet for 11 days. The problem comes because when you start running 3 miles a day, your appetite will go up and your brain tells you that you should be rewarded for exercising, making it harder to resist that order of fries which would wipe out the effect of the running.

The best strategy is to get the healthy eating habits going until they are entrenched and then ease into increased physical activity.
    nothing else matters.​