Question Swing Away Trailer 2017 Cougar FTD

I use the swing away trailer option constantly to store my boat. In my particular situation, I have to swing the tongue around to the starboard side of boat after removing the two pins from center and port side. I've heard that it's important to keep the permanent bolt greased. What is the best way to do this? Should this be done while the removable pins are in and then completely remove the bolt with socket wrench? Do you grease it the best you can while it stays in place? And what is the best type of grease to use?

I don’t use mine much but I keep all the pins lubed up with white lithium.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    I use never seize. A good quality anti seize will last a lonnng time! Yes i leave the pull pins in and remove the 1/2x13 bolt. The never seize will out last most any other lubricate
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    I use never seize. A good quality anti seize will last a lonnng time! Yes i leave the pull pins in and remove the 1/2x13 bolt. The never seize will out last most any other lubricate
    +1 on anti seize

We grease them initially, though it dries up and requires adding it to the hinge joints and allowing it to work in. You can use oil just fine on the pin pivot bolt.

6. Member
    One more question. If I use oil, what is best type of oil for this application? All oil is not created equally.

Thank you all.

We like a simple light weight 3-1 oil. That works it’s way in without making a mess.