Help with leaky carb please

I have a 95 Evinrude 150hp engine. One of the carbs is leaking. Links to vid below.

Suggestions to fix? tighten brass screw in video?

Thanks,

John
    Last edited by natchomamma; 05-22-2018 at 12:04 PM.

2. Member
    I think that screw is the "float bowl" drain screw? looks like it is leaking there. I'm assuming I can tighten it or replace the oring or seal.

I've been having an issue of the engine quitting abruptly when I accelerate, but it does not happen all the time. Its been sporadic. This may be part of the issue?

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It leaking from the carb bowls, not uncommon for this to happen. As you can see your gaskets are black colored at the seam then new gaskets are brown and ethanol resistant. It's not coming from the drain plug it is just the lowest point in the line. I'd order new floIat bowls for that side at least and 3 carb kits. If you do replace the bowls, remember to remove the high speed orifice from the old bowls and place into the new bowls. Don't over tighten the pozi drive screws and tighten them in an X pattern.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    It leaking from the carb bowls, not uncommon for this to happen. As you can see your gaskets are black colored at the seam then new gaskets are brown and ethanol resistant. It's not coming from the drain plug it is just the lowest point in the line. I'd order new floIat bowls for that side at least and 3 carb kits. If you do replace the bowls, remember to remove the high speed orifice from the old bowls and place into the new bowls. Don't over tighten the pozi drive screws and tighten them in an X pattern.
    Thanks again! Ordered everything and will be wrenching on Saturday.

5. Member
    Last edited by 316jughead; 05-25-2018 at 02:50 AM.

6. Member
    Where did you order your parts ?'I

Have the same problem with mine.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Where did you order your parts ?'I

Have the same problem with mine.
    Ordered them from boats.net. Not sure if thats the best/cheapest place, but that is where I ordered.

I would be curious to hear if others use some place different to order parts.

8. Member
    Marineengine.com is a good place too. Have bought from both, always a good transaction with each.