Thread: Upgrades!

Upgrades!

Just put new atals hydraulic jp and 2 10 fot talons on back of the old 2001 186 I was affraid all the weight would kill the perforance thats why grabbed a hydraulic jp to try and counter it and it worked I actualled gained 1 mph im running a 4 blade trophy 23p at about 59.8 mph she really sits deeper now becasue all the added weight and have to watch when i sit down to quick big splash over the back. Question want to try get my hole shot a little better if i can the way I do it now is lift motor all way up and trim all way down jump on it and as she starts tiping down i jack down and trim same time. Still new to this hydraulic plate driving seems decent but id like the nose come down bit faster should I try putting more of my weight in in front deck will that help?

2. Member
    Distribute the weight more evenly if possible. Otherwise you could try a bailey hydrofoil for getting on plane faster.

3. Member
    I added a talon and went to 36volt troller on my 186. I gained speed also. I had to raise my engine to regain holeshot but the added stern weight eliminated any chine walk. The chine walk elimination is what actually contributed to the speed. I run a 23" Tempest+. 61-62mph is not uncommon.

4. Member
    Im pretty sure i would be running 62-63 with the hydraulic jackplate if i took talons off with a 4 blade trophy i havent filed my live wells yet that could be a problem when have 2 guys and wells full