Has anyone else had the same problem with their Ultrex?

I have the 36v 112lb Ultrex. I calibrated the heading sensor and it worked fine a few times out on the water. Now I turn on spot lock and within 3-6 second it spins all the way backwards with the heal of the foot pedal all the down beeps 3 times and turns off. I called the support center. They suggest I try to disconnect the power from the heading sensor and see if it still does it. If it does it’s broken. Just wondering if anyone else has fixed the issue so I do t have to deal with bringing the motor to the service center if that doesn’t work. Thanks!

Mine does the same on occasion also. But not every time. Don't know of a fix yet. As for turning immediately to the rear, I think I have that figured out. When you're moving forward and you hit Spot Lock, you're setting the position as you pass over it, therefor causing the Spot Lock to try to go back to that spot. Try stopping before you hit spot lock, or at least barely moving.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    That makes sense. I will try to do that. Thank you!

4. Member
    The beeping 3 times and turning off is telling you something is restricting it's movement. Could be a transducer wire too tight, something rubbing the footpedal, something under the footpedal are all possibilities.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]