Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Not sure of the laws in your state but you should be able to take it to a repair shop of your choice and get a estimate.. then take that estimate to progressive. A good repair shop should know how to deal with an insurance co.

2. Member
    I have state farm,last weekend I hit a stump,bent propshaft and have cracks in the gears. They ask me to send them an estimate from my boat dealer and pics of the gears. They sent me an email today and said I would have a check in the next 5 -10 business days. 2nd lower state farm has bought in the last 2.5 years. (Haven't had a claim in 20 years,Pryor to these 2)

3. Banned
    I don’t know. I’ve had two claims with progressive and they were awesome.

4. Member
    Found out in 2015 when a U-Haul hit me while towing home, Progressive and the shop it got worked on at, both sucked. But some have had good experience with both. Not me!
    Good luck

I'm surprised they haven't come out with insurance that covers what your insurance company doesn't cover.
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    Had a few claims myself with Progressive, they pay fast and are always more than fair with the quotes. The fiberglass shop I use seems to have no issue with them at all.

I had a lower unit replaced and everything went smooth.

My totaled Ranger got a check for 46k within 10 days from progressive. No problem. USAA contracts with progressive for marine policies. USAA doesn't partner with crap companies.

9. Member
    I think what we are seeing is it all depends on the adjuster and agent.

10. Member
    A few years ago got rear ended in my truck and put my trailer hitch right through the ladies radiator and totaled her car. She had progressive insurance and all they wanted to replace was the bumper and paint the tailgate on my truck. Introduced the adjuster to my boat and informed him that I either wanted a whole new trailer hitch installed or a letter that they were responsible if the hitch failed while towing my boat. Adjuster paid for new hitch and receiver.

I have Erie Insurance and have had no problems with boat or auto claims
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrub View Post
    A few years ago got rear ended in my truck and put my trailer hitch right through the ladies radiator and totaled her car. She had progressive insurance and all they wanted to replace was the bumper and paint the tailgate on my truck. Introduced the adjuster to my boat and informed him that I either wanted a whole new trailer hitch installed or a letter that they were responsible if the hitch failed while towing my boat. Adjuster paid for new hitch and receiver.

I have Erie Insurance and have had no problems with boat or auto claims
    I also have Erie for coverage on everything I own. They're fantastic to deal with.

12. Member
    Ive had good luck with progressive and many problems with state farm.. i think it all depends o adjuster and who all you have to deal with.. i think some of the smaller co.s are the best to deal with.. one piece of advise dont sign off on anything til its fixed to your standard..

13. Member
    I whacked my prop and skeg pretty good and was going to pony up the funds myself but was encouraged by the BBC folks to consider an insurance claim. Took it to the dealer who is working directly with State Farm. So far it's been very smooth sailing and State Farm said my damage was covered so no controversy at all. Should have it back next week.

14. Member
    No need for lawyer or PA....go to local Merc dealer and have them look at it. They will let your adjuster know if anything else needs replaced or totaled out.

I have Progressive through Worldwide Marine. Hit my skeg and cracked it, Progressive covered a new lower housing (sportsmaster) and labor and materials less my deductible. Adjuster came and looked at them called me the next day, he found a service bulletin from Mercury that says to not weld on the lower units and that document was all he needed to get the claim to go through.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

16. Banned
    Many times, the claim is only as good as the person processing the claim. My body shop is very high quality, and they handle the whole claim for me. Their favorite local adjuster is from Allstate.

17. Member
    How can they turn down an accident? Good luck. I had a problem with an insurance company once and took it up the chain till it was resolved, not 100% to my liking, but 75%. Good luck getting it resolved.

18. Member
    I have Progressive and am going through a claim right now. Popped a stump. They're being great about it. What's even better? Out of the blue yesterday I get a call from Bob at Worldwide Marine!! He said if I need anything don't hesitate to call. Now that my friends is customer service!! I never contacted him, he just saw my claim in the system. For anyone needing insurance you'd be crazy not to give him a call.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    GEICO is the scum of the earth as well. I had to get the wheels turning to file a suit against them before they would quit dragging their feet. They obviously wanted to go by the statement of the lying clown who hit me because it was in their best interest. And this is in my opinion just in case someone here works for GEICO. But I state facts so it's in no way slander! I've never had GEICO for insurance and never will.
    I love Geico, to me the best and fastest paying insurance out there. Not a fan of progressive. But that is my experience.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

20. Member
    Call your state insurance commission and file a complaint on them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast