1999 Mercury 200XL Not getting a spark

Serial number:OG826146. The boat ran great 2 weeks ago and 3 days after the motor does not start. Did some checking and im not getting fire to the spark plugs. Pretty much happened over night. I checked the hot wires coming from the stator and I am getting 132 on the volt meter. Is this the correct volts/amps?
    I have spare parts and started swapping to trouble shoot. I changed the following and nothing happenrd. Power packs, stator, and the part under the stator with the violet, brown and white wires going to the power packs.
    Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Have you tested the trigger wires with a multimeter. The trigger is what tells the wire to fire. The stator should have a high side and low side, have you checked the wires going in to the power packs with an ohms test. I am by far no expert but until you test the wires for resistance you really have no idea unless maybe you find a broke wire.
    It is what it is

Is your lanyard installed or cutoff switch in the right position? Check fuses and cannon plugs
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

4. Member
    were all parts you changed new ,disconnect black yellow wires from BOTH boxes spin it over plugs out [ eliminates kill circuit]
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    were all parts you changed new ,disconnect black yellow wires from BOTH boxes spin it over plugs out [ eliminates kill circuit]
    This should have been your first move...or just disconnect the plug from the control box and jump the starter motor.

6. Member
    It seems to be the power packs. I changed them out and I am getting spark now to all cylinders. I put the boat in the water this weekend and I could not get over 1800RPMs in the water. The motor sounded rough also.
    Out the water I can get all the RPMs I wanted. Is it the high part of the stator? I checked the stator near the power packs am getting about 130 volts to both packs.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Switch Boxes on Mercury's.

Are you using a DVA and a Mercury Repair Manual for your testing?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor