Prop and Rpm/tach

Hi All!

98 Jaguar, 2blades, 225efi with new standard lower unit 1.75 gears, 6” atlas, 25* small hub (4.25”) trophy.

turns about 72 loaded alone and will hit rev limiter, hole shot is terrible when it’s full of livewell and a partner.

Looking to change prop. What should i try. I have a borrowed 25 tempest but I’ve been told I’ll probably run it to the limiter easy as well... time for a 26? Or a fury 25? Trying to understand the stiffness I read about and how it affect things.

also, I installed the a10 touch pad with analog gauges, the tach is reading way high. It Maxed out gauge and idles at like 3k. Obviously not right. Grounds are tight and it’s hooked up like the diagram from BCB. It’s set to 6cylinder What would you test and where?

thanks!!

The 225 EFi is an engine that the TPI constantly floats on and it is hard to get dialed in. That makes it move with setups that are not perfect. We would move to a newer Fury 24 or 25" version and try one. The shaft on your EFI is the straight 1" shaft and it will use the standard hub assembly.

BCB