anyone Carry a Ruger LCP in 380?

thinking of picking one up for a nice little BUG gun or for summer with shorts on.
    never shot one though. looked at one here in town yesterday and seemed like it had a pretty heavy trigger pull on it

2. Member
    They are a good pocket pistol or ankle holster pistol and most all of the 380 have a long trigger on them but you can order aftermarket trigger for 100 dollar and it makes it way better.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I carry one for fun. they are a slick gun and cheap for the money. well worth it. very accurate.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I would go with the Ruger LC9S Pro a little bigger unless you're skinny still easy to conceal with IWB holster. Pretty decent trigger pull on the S model ( striker like a Glock) Pro means no manual safety ( again like a Glock). 9MM more power than .380 and plenty of 9MM ammo options and availability at a good price probably cheaper than most .380 ammo.

5. Member
    I carry one in a paddle holster for quick trips to the store, etc. When the wife and I go out I strap on a SR9c, 9mm.

6. Member
    I carry one in a pocket holster w/ a CT laser guard. Not a fun range gun but it is easy to carry and goes bang when and where you want it to. Carry a Sig P365 as well when my pant pockets will let me.
    5 Short of a limit

7. Member
    I have and my dad has one as well, both have jammed with every brand ammo and have sent back to ruger. Waiting to hear back from them

I have a lcp 2 and have been pleased with it for what it is. No jams or ftf yet. The 380 is pretty sickly is my only complaint. My wife has a 22 mag revolver that does a better job putting holes in a steel barrel.. ive had the 380 bpunce off a few times with fmj ammo

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    I carry one in a paddle holster for quick trips to the store, etc. When the wife and I go out I strap on a SR9c, 9mm.
    With what holster for the SR9c?

10. Member
    Yes, good ccw. Get a good pocket holster for smooth weapon removal from pocket.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

11. mikesxpress
    I carry mine in a Remora pocket holster that accommodates the CT laser. With cargo shorts in the summer it's an easy carry with spare mag in opposite pocket. Equipped with self defense hollow points inside 10 feet it's better than a sharp stick...

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    With what holster for the SR9c?
    I have the bianchi leather OWB. Initially it is a tight fit. Took me several weeks of use to break it in. It's ok when I have a T shirt on under an over shirt. In the summer under a T shirt is uncomfortable especially when driving. The ridges and safety are up against the skin making it uncomfortable. I'm considering a crossbreed super tuck for summer. Attached are a few pics.

holster1 by mikesgm, on Flickr

holster by mikesgm, on Flickr

13. Member
    i carry a LCP custom with a sticky holster. The custom model (red trigger) is a good model ! Never an issue of any kind with it .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

14. Member
    I have 2 of the LCPII pistols in 380. One with a laser and one without. Bought both within a week. The one with the laser took 2 boxes of rounds to keep it from jamming. Have put over 300 rounds thru it since it quit jamming and not a single issue. The gun without the laser never had an issue. The are sweet.

it took me 50 rounds to find out my modified hold so my trigger finger didn't get kicked by the trigger guard, and i have only had stove pipes on the last round out of one of my 3 mags, so that mag is only for gofers, i like it and have plenty of faith in it/my abilities
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

16. Member
    Luke.....just saw this thread. If you're still looking for a .380, do yourself a favor and check out the Glock 42. I've shot most everything in .380 and that was the clear winner for me.