Thread: Best Hull Wax?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    +1 on protec started using that and was sold

2. Member
    Troy, have you used this product? They are 10 minutes from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post

3. Member
    Last year did protec a few times and slick mist between uses. This year I used meguires marine wax and continue to use slick mist and my boat holds a better shine on the gunnels and above the water line. However the water line shows up more now I think. The scum didn’t seem to stick to the hull with the protec

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    Troy, have you used this product? They are 10 minutes from me.
    i take my boat to him every year for a detail but I have not tried the ceramic yet. he just started offering it and it's pretty expensive. give jeff a call and tell them i sent you. he will answer all of your questions.

5. Member
    Pro Tec is very good, I like to use that at least twice per season and Eagle One has a new Marine wax out that's a wash n wax that's easy to use and helps to keep a protective shield on your gel coat between those paste wax applications. Regardless of which brand you use any wax is better than no wax! As long as there is always a layer of wax protecting your gel coat your boat will stay looking clean and shiny. Also, never use a corse brush when washing your boat! A corse bristle brush will remove whatever wax may have been on your boat. Same goes for acid based cleaners. As long as you have a good coat of wax and wash your boat after each use it should never require acids or stiff brushes to wash it. Just a gentl brush or even better soft sponge and dawn liquid soap after each use and she will keep looking sexy for ya!
    2004 Ranger Comanche 520vx Tour Edition Mercury 225 OptiMax

2004 Stratos 201 Pro XL DX Yamaha VMax 225 MinnKota Ulterra iPilot Dual Power Poles Hummingbird Helix 10 Humminbird Helix 7

2000 Stratos 20 SS Extreem, Evinrude Fitch Ram, Hummingbird, Minn Kota iPilot Towed by Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel King Ranch Crew Cab

2006 Bass Tracker Pro Team 170 TX, Mercury Four Stroke 50 H/P

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you ! Avoid bad carma

6. Banned
    3m marine wax

Quote Originally Posted by Trimmdup View Post
    Just a gentl brush or even better soft sponge and dawn liquid soap after each use and she will keep looking sexy for ya!
    Dawn will take your wax off...
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12