Negotiation - What Can I Expect On Ranger RT188

Guys,

Looking at buying a new RT188. The lake I'll be using it on has a 50 HP limit so I'll be getting a bit of a non-standard set motor on the boat. Looking for feedback on how much I can expect the dealer to work with me on pricing. Welcome any and all thoughts on setting up the boat. Plan right now is to go with a 24V Ultrex, 2 x Helix 10's (electronics and TM linked), and a 12' Talon. Thanks in advance for the feedback

2. Member
    Not big mark ups on these aluminum boats like glass boats.

3. Member
    MAP on hull, motor depends on what they have and what you want. All the rest is negotiable, but you’ll normally pay more for them to do the rigging.

How close are you to Pete at Pros Choice or Joe at C&O? There are several good Ranger dealers around that don’t mind a project. Jet A may even be closer and wort a call?
    Last edited by n2ratfishin; 05-22-2018 at 05:05 AM.

lolo he's almost at 50/50 for either MO or KY

5. Member
    Do pros choice really negotiate on there rangers? I was in there about a month ago and was told they don’t come off sticker price. I thought they were listed for the same price as rangers website, but maybe I was mistaken.

Not much.

7. Member
    Unless it has changed a 12 foot Talon will void the warranty.

8. Member
    I have a Triton TX-18 that I will sell if you are looking at buying a new one. I love the boat, I just want a bigger glass boat. It is a 2016, and there is one full year of warranty left on the motor with three years of limited warranty after that. The boat is completely rigged out with hydraulic jack plate, blinker tabs, hot foot, Lowrance electronics, 8’ power pole, NMEA engine interface, garage kept, like brand new. Top speed is 48 mph.

9. Member
    There ya go Croixfan. Buy that one right and you should be able to trade the 115 for a new 50 for an amount to make looking worth your while.

10. Member
    Just a thought, could you order it with twin 50’s and only run one on this lake?

I would also like to recommend that you contact Bob’s Marine in Bellevue Iowa. He gave me an unbelievable price on a RT178 when I was thinking of buying one.

11. Member
    Depends on the market. Find a Dealer with no showroom. The salesman also covers service, rigging, parts, etc. These are the guys that make the deals. Low overhead mom and pops. Good luck

12. Member
    thinking of resale, I would buy a smaller boat for a 50hp. Some of the xpress models would work fine with a 50hp. I had a smaller xpress and i was running 40 with my 50. I'd imagine a 17' xpress with 50 would sale quicker once that time comes. Just me though, I like to buy new boats every 5-7 years.

13. Member
    Everything around here is MAP. Ranger, Mercury, Lowrance, Minn Kota. My dealer does the rigging for free.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS