ANY info on old trackers?

Newb here, I just purchased my first aluminum boat. Tracker Deep Pro V16 Combo. Has a 40 hp outboard. and the 24v troller up front.. Definitely not two stroke. But maybe a 3 stroke, 3 liter? I have narrowed down that the electrical are wired in series batteries, so 24volts?
    2001 is the year.

Came outfitted with anything anyone would ever need to fish or even pull an inter tube if I had to. I just have found myself at a quandary to find info about my engine particularly, I want to make sure I have any and available spare parts out on the lake if needs be.

I would just love to purchase a rear for the Bimini... and a generic boat cover. Dealer wants a fortune. ?!?!?! EBay, not sure if I am getting the right one because I have the full console.
    Anyone have a cover or know of someone with a cover and or bimini.

Photo attached

2. Member
    No photo shows. Your motor will be either 2 or 4 stroke, there is no 3 stroke. If the motor shows the brand you can post it in the appropriate motor sub-forum (include the serial number) for more detailed information. Good luck and hope you enjoy the new to you boat!
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

I had a 2001 Tracker PT-185 with a 50 hp. Unless it's been repowered, I would say that you definitely have a Mercury, 3 cylinder, 2 stroke, with 3 carbs. They use pretty much the same motor with minor changes from one horsepower rating to another.

I would recommend running Merury or Quicksilver oil in it and some Quickleen just to get things all cleaned up inside.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

yea, indeed! great call on the quick clean. I am guessing lukas works well to.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    I had a 2001 Tracker PT-185 with a 50 hp. Unless it's been repowered, I would say that you definitely have a Mercury, 3 cylinder, 2 stroke, with 3 carbs. They use pretty much the same motor with minor changes from one horsepower rating to another.

I would recommend running Merury or Quicksilver oil in it and some Quickleen just to get things all cleaned up inside.

trying sooooooo hard to upload a photo. Funny thing, This website only allows 120kb. How do you deal with smartphone photo files?

Also,
    Found boatinfo.no Great site. FULL manuals for any boat you can think of. Love the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by samwiser View Post
    trying sooooooo hard to upload a photo. Funny thing, This website only allows 120kb. How do you deal with smartphone photo files?
    http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.