Please help me decipher what I'm looking at.

Attached are a couple screen shots I took this weekend from my 93svplus. In the first two shots I can see the bottom and I can see my down rigger ball at 30' and then nothing. This went on for about a hour. A nice clear view, then a screen full of snow. It kept switching back and forth... Is this electrical interference or something in the water? The other shot impressed me a little. I could clearly see my lure as I brought it up from the bottom and I've never been able to do that with my past units. My question here is if the marks that are scattered between the surface and 40' are small fish or ?? Large fish would show up with a blue outline and a yellow center, but I also marked several of these single color small arches and I just wasn't sure how to decipher them.

Thanks !

Attached Images Attached Images

The last screenshot looks fine, possibly with a thermocline or thick plankton layer starting at around 50 feet. But, in the first two as you point out, there is an issue that is affecting both 2D and DownVu equally. Seems like electrical interference. Were you running the outboard or trolling motor, or any other device when this issue occurred?
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Yes, the kicker motor was running the whole time and at the same RPM. Over the span of the weekend I trolled about 20 hours and this only happened once for about a hour off and on. I can live with 1 hour out of 20 but i'm concerned that this may happen again in the future and for a longer period of time. If there is something I can do to prevent this from happening again I'd like to do so. My TD coaxial does run in front of the kicker motor but I wrapped copper tape the whole length of the cable when i installed it, so hopefully it's not electrical interference from the motor.