Z19 Merc 200 Trim

Do merc optimax motors max out on trim when on pad? My motor will only go so high at speed. My experience with a SHO is you can trim till the prop is dry even at speed, or close lol

Additionally I can't rooster tail at all at speed. Not saying I should be able too but I don't think I have been in a bass boat that couldn't rooster tail at speed and I am maxed out on trim with plenty of water pressure.

Is this just a PTP adjustment? Does water pressure hold the motor in place preventing you from trimming up further?

2. Member
    Your experience with the SHO is most likely because it was higher. Yes you can only TRIM so far and you can not TILT the motor when above a certain rpms (maybe 2,000 rpm but not positive). Rooster tail doesn’t really mean a whole lot but I’d say you should have one. Measure your current prop to pad and also post gps speed, WOT rpm, and current prop. Most likely your dealer has your prop buried

The tilt range does not have enough power to raise the hp, my motor is just a degree or two from the tilt when it stops, motor must be very low
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089