Quote Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I just purchased a one owner 1995 Stratos 278 FS in really good shape with the exception of some minor electrical issues (i.e. corroded switch terminals and poor owner installed connections). Does anyone have an electrical wiring schematic for my boat?

If not, one problem I haven't been able to resolve is the radio, it is a factory installed unit in the glove box but power isn't getting to it. It uses the original wiring harness which goes down the port side, across the back and then back up to the dash on the starboard side. I figured power would come off one of the accessory switches but I have power coming off both of them. I also have good power coming off the main power switch. Not sure where I'm losing the power. Where does the radio power come from? I couldn't find any fuses in the parts of the wiring harness I could see.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad
I finally found some schematics to go by and found my problem was a short. The wiring diagram was close but not exact because of the options I had on board my specific boat. I tried to narrow the short down but couldn't due to not being able to access the whole run. It had to be a wire to wire short because of the boat being fiberglass and no chassis ground. I ended up pulling a new run and and took the Nav/Light switch out and cleaned up the terminal connections and installed a inline fuse to match the amps being drawn. All is good in the neighborhood now and the cooler is being filled with nice Bull Reds here on the Gulf Coast. If you have good knowledge of Marine electrical systems and how they work using positive polarity instead of negative then everything will become more clear. The best bet is to get the right gauge of wire and and make things simple by hooking the radio up not using previous installed wiring. Once you have it working then fish the new wire through the hull where needed and check the amps being drawn then install a inline fuse to match and your local marine store or Carol at candoparts@yahoo.com can hook you up with any Carling Switches you may need to match your switch panel on board. Hope this helps... JJ