Thread: Stratos

Stratos

Hey guys, I'm putting a hpdi on a 90 201 pro and need help on set-up. Any advise on what size jackplate to add (8,10,12"). I have someone I know that will sell me one and they are all manual but three different sizes. Also I need advise on what prop and pitch I should be looking for. I understand every boat is different and has its own perfect set-up, but it would be nice to be able to narrow it down a bit before I spend time time and $ on something that will not help me. The way I see it you cannot get tmi on this type of thing.
    Stratos 201 Pro
    V-Max 225

2. Member
    That boat has a wood transome,I would not go more than 6” on a plate. Need to know what horsepower to suggest a prop.

3. Member
    Yep a 6 inch and if you go with a 8 you may have to change steering cable 's if you have not change them to hyd lines .

4. Member
    The motor is a 225 hp and I was told a jackplate would help an older boat due to not having a stretch back transom like the newer boats. Thanks guys, this is exacally why I was posting. Any brand prop I should be looking for or just a particular pitch?
    Stratos 201 Pro
    V-Max 225

5. Member
    If you can find one,a Yamaha T1 25” vented prop will work well. A Mercury Tempest +25 will work well also and be a lot easier to find.As always,start both at 3.5” under the pad and go up from there,if needed. That is a good running hull once you get it set up.

6. Member
    Now that I think about it,if that HPDI has the original lower unit,it has low water intakes so you can run higher on the transome. Maybe up to 2” under if you still keep bow lift and water pressure.

7. Member
    6 inch will wake it . I have a 1988 since new with a six inch and no problems so for . With a 200 Hp Mercury carb . Plans on one day to install my 2004 225 EFI Mercury .
    I run a 25p Tempest plus . But i usually run a Bravo1 24p with 1 inch vent holes , untill i got it in some pea stone and sand last fall .
    I been out one time this week with a Bravo1 XS, i pick up this winter . Its a 25 p with the cup out which make it back to a true 24p and the flare trim a tad . So far it seams the same as my old prop .

I run a 25p Tempest Plus on my Mercury powered 94 201 with an 8 inch jack plate set 2.75 inches prop to pad. The Tempest provides great lift on this hull.

9. Member
    Hey guys, I finally completed the install on my boat. Any advice on what I should do to complete the setup on my boat? Here are the numbers after testing on the water:

03 V-Max 225/90' Stratos 201 Pro

Prop To Pad: 3.5" best I can tell
    Water Pressure @ 5500: 30 at plane-off and 20 @ 5500
    RPM: I stopped at 5800 but it was still climbing. I feel like it would go to 6000- 6100
    Speed: @5500-66.4 mph, @ 5800-68.3
    Jack Plate: 4" ( I decided to leave the one I had due to my wood transom)
    Prop: T1 25p

I think I probably need a 27p prop?
    Should I raise the motor any?

Any advise on what changes I should do to get the boat set-up?
    Stratos 201 Pro
    V-Max 225