Champion 210 Prop

I am trying to figure out if I need to drop to a 24P prop, I currently run a 25 Tempest, blueprinted by Croxton. Yes, i have added a lot more tackle than I have removed, a lot. I am currently getting about 5450 RPM's when loaded with 2 guys, full of fuel and livewells with water and fish. Top speed loaded is about 67, so slip isn't crazy. Hole shot loaded like this is pretty bad too. Thinking of dropping to a 24 pitch, does that sound like the right call for the summer months? Winter I can spool it up some more.

I know putting the boat on a diet will do wonders but I always tend to start throwing tackle in the boat before tournaments, just in case....

I see guys running 26's or bigger on this boat/motor combo so I am struggling on going to a 24.

I run a 10" Bob's plate, I can move it up and down quite a bit and not see much top end movement. I usually keep it about 3 1/2" below pad.
    Last edited by rustyed; 05-21-2018 at 01:36 PM.

2. Member
    What motor?

3. Member
    That would be good to know, 2013 250 ProXS.

4. Member
    I have a 2007 200 Champ (same hull as a 198, basically) with a 225Ho Etec. next time out try lowering your hydraulic plate. My Croxton worked 26P Tempest runs best at almost 4" below pad. If that doesnt work I would suggest sending your prop off to Mark Croxton, he can add cup or whatever is needed to help you get some lift whiich will get the RPM's and Speed up.

67 loaded isnt that bad, Champs aren't speed demons!!

5. Member
    That motor needs to run at 5850-5950 RPM's with a FULL LOAD to make max Horse Power. One inch of pitch is equivalent to 150-200 RPM's, so it appears you need to drop 2 inches of pitch if your RPM's are coming from a Smartcraft Tachometer.

My buddy has a 2016 or 17 charger 210 and he runs a 24 Tempest. His hole shot used to be really bad. One the motor got broke in better and he took out some weight from baits its doing much better. His hole shot is fine and he runs about 70 tnx loaded. He also has 2 12' Talons. I never would have though the 24 Tempest was going to work as well as it does now.
    Good luck
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Member
    RPM’s are coming from Smartcraft, I thought about the 23. May borrow both and see what they do. Thanks for all of the feedback!