LakeVu Hd Ultra Question

I'm thinking of upgrading to LakeVu HD Ultra maps. Does the sim card have to be in the unit anytime the maps are being used or are the maps loaded on to the hard drive from the sim card?

Also, if they're loaded on the hard drive, can I load them on to all three units in the boat?
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

2. Member
    The maps are on the chip, and when the chip is pulled out the maps are gone.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Also note that with GPSMap units, accessory mapping cards are shared via ethernet to other networked units.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Once you buy one card. You can download copies of the map to SD cards for up to 10 units. Buy one card and more blank SD CARDS. Go online and use Garmin express I beleive. Garmin home port is useful as well to look at your maps on on your pc.

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear I can make copies.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowlthing View Post
    Once you buy one card. You can download copies of the map to SD cards for up to 10 units. Buy one card and more blank SD CARDS. Go online and use Garmin express I beleive. Garmin home port is useful as well to look at your maps on on your pc.
    I don't know about this. Buy 1 get 9 free. Sound too good to be true!
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    I have done it.... they told me about it on the help line....Also you get one free upgrade on the version of mapping... I had my doubts as well. You have to load them on units registered to you..