Thread: Ulterra Help

Ulterra Help

I have a Bluetooth Ulterra that I'm too stupid to figure out. Sometimes no problems then at other times the remote will not link until I remove and replace batteries that are ok. What am I doing wrong? I thought that just turning on the trolling motor would activate the remote but it is a crap shoot. I have read the manual but did not see anything that help.
    Thanks

So you turn on the power switch of the Ulterra grab your remote which should have a blank screen then press the power button on the remote it comes on but your Ulterra will not respond to commands from the remote?

3. Member
    The Ulterra is on but there is no power button on remote. The manual says to hit any button. I do that but nothing happens. Batteries are new. Dumb question but this is when the boat is inside my garage, does that matter? Trying to figure it out before the next time on the water. So far the only way I can get it to work (on the water) is to remove the batteries from the remote and put them back in. Does it have to be paired?

These directions are for the Bluetooth Non-Link models. There is a power button it is the one with a check mark . If your remote came with the trolling motor and was not bought separate then it was paired from the factory. The "hit" any Button was for the non-Bluetooth models or maybe LINK models not familiar with those. If your Ulterra is powered up and you are near the trolling motor press the check mark button if the message "motor not found" displays then you have to pair it up make sure Ulterra power is on because this message also displays when you power up the remote and the Ulterra power is off. You said you got the remote to work while on the water that tells me it is already paired up it would not command the Ulterra if it was not paired. Yes it will work in your garage just be careful of an accidental deploy if you don't have the clearance.
    Last edited by bassbama; 05-22-2018 at 06:22 AM.

5. Member
    OK I found out that my remote does not have a power off button or at least not one I can find. Therefore my issue is the new batteries that I put in last time out went dead! Replaced batteries and remote worked as it should. I have timed it to see if it shuts off after a certain amount of time and after 25 minutes I gave up and took the batteries out. This should not be the way this works. Am I doing something wrong? I turned off the trolling motor and the remote says that there is no motor found. Now what? How do I shut the remote off!

remote power on/ remote power off/ and to accept menu selections is the check mark button that the red arrow is pointing to.

Download the I-pilot manual all the info you need for set-up is in here not the Ulterra manual https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...942.1518825420

8. Member
    You shut off the remote by pressing and holding the check mark button.

9. Member
    Got it great thanks for all the help.

I believe in the settings of the remote there is a timeout option you can change? Mine goes to SLEEP after a set time and I have to hit the check button to turn the remote on if I dont use the remote for a set time.
    Vexus DVX19