Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Starbucks new policy...

Just heard on the news that anyone that walks into a Starbucks will be considered a customer. Sounds like a great place for folks who work outside to sit down and enjoy the air conditioning while they eat their brown bag lunch and a perfect spot for homeless folks to get out of the weather. Great move S'bucks!

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Wonder if they will start doing "suspended coffee" in some shops.

"suspended coffee" is people buying an extra coffee, instead of getting it made a note is put on a board in the shop, if someone who cannot afford a cup of coffee comes in, like a homeless person, they can pull off one of the notes and get the coffee already paid for.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    Every generation says it, but man... If corporations and individuals don't grow a spine, things are going to get interesting.

If someone is mistreated, make it right. Be blind to color and see actions. Play it straight. Don't bully, and don't let yourself be bullied.

- don't know anything about what went on a starbucks, but this actually the opposite of a win for individual rights.

I wonder what happen to the manager who started the mess. Are they fired or promoted for this controversy?

Their coffee is overpriced crap anyway. You would think a basic cup of black coffee would be good but it isn't. I guess that's why people order all the foo foo concoctions to mask the bad taste of their regular old coffee.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

I hope someday I can help a needy person get a grande triple half cafe mocha latte from Starbucks

we have a friend who daughter and a couple of others spend the evening doing the homework and getting ready for their finals for the last 2 weeks..

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I wonder what happen to the manager who started the mess. Are they fired or promoted for this controversy?

Their coffee is overpriced crap anyway. You would think a basic cup of black coffee would be good but it isn't. I guess that's why people order all the foo foo concoctions to mask the bad taste of their regular old coffee.
    No telling what kind of profit margin they have on the stuff. I hate it.

8. Member
    Never been in a Starbucks but glad to see them welcoming anyone who comes through the door

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I hope someday I can help a needy person get a grande triple half cafe mocha latte from Starbucks
    It's what any kind person would want to do . Also anyone on here that does a TW order leave a little extra room on the credit card for me .

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    we have a friend who daughter and a couple of others spend the evening doing the homework and getting ready for their finals for the last 2 weeks..
    I guess this means they were sharing the Starbucks Wi Fi and getting wired on caffeine. Public Wi Fi can be dangerous.

Does this get them off the ban list?
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

12. Banned
    I have never been in a Starbucks or wore a flat bill hat. Why would anybody pay $5 for a cup of coffee??

13. Member
    A cup of black coffee is less then $2 at Starbucks.

but would you like that in a "venti"
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

15. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Uh,, we have cream and sugar.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

16. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

17. Member
    As stated above going to become a shelter during winter storms or inclement weather for the homeless population. If that happens it will be curious to see how their paying customers react. I’m sure many like the concept but the reality may not fit with their ideals of a Starbucks experience.

18. Member
    I love Dunkin Donuts coffee! I have tried Starbucks, but it tasted really burnt to me.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

Y'all know you drink folgers or sams choice anyway...GET OFF MY LAWN!

20. Member
    Think this is a an overreaction to an unfortunate situation. As for me, there’s no way in hell im dropping that kind of cash for a latte to enjoy it by some smelly hobo that’s sleeping off his street meds. A lot of kids hang out at Starbucks. After this change, I wouldn’t feel comfortable with my kids being in there unaccompanied.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast