Something happened.

I fished Friday and Saturday and everything seemed fine.
    Never ran wide open, but hopped on plane quick and ran smooth.
    Only thing that changed on Sunday was the addition of Live well water and I could barely get on plane. Took 80yards or more of plowing at 3000rpm for it to finally break over. Then seemed to run fine, except it had no power and was 7-8mph slow.
    Pulled plugs and they are fairly new and all looked great. No fouling and all clean. Checked throttle and it’s going to Full. Has new fuel
    filters and injectors were just tested and reset at Brucato. Feels like it’s down a cylinder, but not running rough and not signs in cylinders of damage or issues on plugs.
    Just Seems weird to have it happen overnight. Haven’t checked o2, compression, fuel pressure or sensors yet since I got home late. But have had boat for 12 years and never had it act like this.

2. Member
    Low pressure fuel pump possibly? Running ethanol free gas?
    They aint got hands, set the hook

3. Member
    I have the electric fuel pump mod.
    Brand new Holley red pump.
    Ethanol free gas does not exist in Indiana

4. Member
    Fuel pressure 36psi key on and when running.

Compression warm

5. Member
    Checked every sensor and they are all in spec. Wondering if it is just bad gas. Bought from a station I have never been to before and put about 20 gal in Sunday morning.
    Only check I have left, is to check fuel pressure under a load, when it is doing this, to see if I have a restriction. But it really should not change on the suction side with the electric fuel pump.

I say a plug fouled... Even if they look good. Been there, Done that a few times. I run br8hs-10 and amsoil and that issue seems to have totally disappeared. Oil linkage adjusted to specs?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    I run the hotter plugs also. How do you know which plug is fouled when they all look like brand new. Have 3 trips on them and the electrode ceramics are still white and everything is totally clean.
    Guess I can just change them all again and see, but there is no carbon build up anywhere on this motor. So, yes, oil
    linkage is good also.

Not sure. But my fouled plugs looked perfect.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

9. Member
    It does really feel like it was down a cylinder. Guess change them all and see if it helps. I have two extras. Guess I can swap two at a time on the water and see it if helps.

10. Member
    I found plugs local, so will replace them all and see if it helps.

Shouldn't your fuel pressure be at 50 psi? I was thinking I read that previously, but don't know with the electric fuel pump. I have had new plugs bad right out of the box though.

12. Member
    Fuel pressure out of pump to inj’s should be 35-40 psi.