input on new 94sv ????

the majority of my fishing is on the coast of Florida, so I opted for the 94 instead of the 93, with that said I occasionally crappie fish on the local lakes. while testing my new unit last week, I was amazed that the GPS part didnt even show I was on a lake PERIOD!!!!! it would create trails but it was in a blank area....is this normal??? to have NO lake info at all....and this is a pretty well known lake south of Atlanta (Jackson). I was surprised that it was ZERO info, not even the basic outline.

is there any BASIC lake info other than spending the 170.00 for the inland lake mapes?????

2. Member
    Yeah, that is pretty much it. My situation is kinda the reverse of yours.

I have a 73sv Plus and got a Lakevu Ultra HD card and was surprised that NON of the coastal lakes that flowed into the ocean had detail, they were just crude geometric shapes. I ended up buying the Brownsville to Key West G2 Vision HD card for the few times I visit and fish the Gulf Coast.

So yes, I think you need the basic inland lakes map to see any detail on inland lakes.
    Fish rate my skills as "just below average"

3. Member
    That's one of the things I find annoying with Garmins; map coverage. I fish the Chesapeake mostly, and have family in Tennessee. I got an echoMAP 94sv and 93sv. So when I'm at home, I have the 94 at the console, and 93 at the bow. Then when I'm on a lake, I swap units. I use the quick draw on whatever unit I have up front.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin