2 helix’s 1 puck!

Hello I currently have a helix 9 g1 on the bow and a helix 9 g1 at the console. They each have there own gps puck. The units are linked directly to each other. I want to add a helix 7 to the console for moving map only. My question is can I use my console gps puck for both a H9 and H7 at the console with a y connector? Thanks!
    1990 Champion 184DC/FS
    1990 Evinrude 150XP Raker 22P
    2x HB Helix 9SI
    MK Ultrex 80# Ipilot

If you get the G2N version of the Helix 7 you can share the puck via Ethernet.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    As Bob said, GPS is shared over ethernet so you would need an H7 G2N model and an ethernet hub if you wanted to keep the H9s linked and use the console puck. But if all you want this for is mapping, you could get a H7 G2 GPS model and use the H7's internal GPS.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

4. Member
    So the syslink splitter cable would not work to split my console puck to 2 units then? I don’t want to network with the hub. I just wanted to add a unit for the sole purpose of being a chart plotter. I want it to run off of my console puck which is actually ay the transom by the transducer. I’m just gonna use my iPad/navionics/badelf.
    1990 Champion 184DC/FS
    1990 Evinrude 150XP Raker 22P
    2x HB Helix 9SI
    MK Ultrex 80# Ipilot

Quote Originally Posted by druthomas View Post
    So the syslink splitter cable would not work to split my console puck to 2 units then? I don’t want to network with the hub. I just wanted to add a unit for the sole purpose of being a chart plotter. I want it to run off of my console puck which is actually ay the transom by the transducer. I’m just gonna use my iPad/navionics/badelf.

AS SYSLINK is used to split a GPS antenna to two units. It is not a network cable.

I have not tried that setup with a Helix 5 or Helix 7 that is not G2N. Those units don't provide power for the antenna. The Helix 9 may do that if you have the first generation or G2 Helix 7, don't know the cable circuits to verify.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL