Makes It Worth It

Not really Nitro related but I was in my Z19 when it happened. I took my 10 year old granddaughter and her mother, who also is our youngest daughter, fishing this afternoon. It was the first time my daughter had been in a boat with me since she was a teenager and she is now 35. I've had the granddaughter with me some but has always been for perch fishing with worms. I told her it was time to start the big boy (or big girl) fishing. No more perch.

We went to a spot where I hoped the sand (white) bass would be schooling. They did not disappoint. My guess is we caught over a hundred with an occasional bass in the mix. Had some really nice ones in the bunch. I finally quit fishing so I could take them off the hook for both of them. My granddaughter told me 15 times it was her best day ever. My daughter says she is ready to start fishing again. What a wonderful way to introduce a kid to fishing. I did caution her that not every fishing trip would be like this.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Yeah, but if a fishing trip was going to be like THAT, thankfully it was that day! Awesome!

4. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

5. Member
    That's awesome! I bet you had more fun doing that than winning a tournament.

Sounds like a great time
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

7. Member

8. Member
    My daughter took a bunch of pictures and posted them on Facebook. So many nice comments. I don't do Facebook but my wife is showing me the comments. Next up is my 8 year old grandson. He will be a bit of a challenge because his preference is video games, not outside stuff. Hopefully I can get a close repeat and maybe get him interested. My granddaughter doesn't take much encouraging as she loves the outdoors. She went deer hunting last fall with her dad and shot her first deer. Didn't bother her at all.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

9. Member

That's awesome

10. Member
    Great times!!