Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    From 2005 through 2017, pit bulls or pit bull mixes accounted for 284 of 433 of the deaths due to dog bite in the United States - 66% - according to dogsbite.org. They accounted for 29 of the 39 deaths in 2017. Yep, I bet there are good ones out there. There are probably crocodiles on the Nile River that wouldn't dream of eating a person, too. This doesn't mean that you get to say pit bulls aren't dangerous any more than you can say crocodiles aren't dangerous.

How many dog breeds are there? Hundreds? Thousands? Yet ONE breed accounts for 2/3 of deaths. I don't give a rat's ass how nice your couch potato is...he or she will be nice until he or she isn't. They should be eradicated.

Of course someone will jump in telling me my source is an anti-pit bull propaganda site. My response to that is only to ask, what is it about that breed that would make so many "propaganda" sites pop up? It's not like the rottweilers are out there coding up fake news sites to take the attention away from their breed.
    Last edited by DrewFlu33; 05-23-2018 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Typed 483 instead of 433
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    As for the porcupine thing, a Google search can show you several different breeds that are stupid enough to go after a porcupine and get literally covered with quills not just PB...I'm not saying that they never do but the way some of y'all talk about these dogs is that all of them are ticking time bombs and that isn't the case...that's what irritates me...it's a very passy argument from one side but when I make my point from this side oh hell I don't know what I'm talking about because there's no way not one single dog out a handfull could be a great dog.... When in reality it's a very low percentage of these dogs that gives them a bad name...
    Are you OK with the banning of travelers from suspected terrorist countries??
    And the allowed, and even encouraged, condemnation of the Muslim religion?
    Again, only a very low percentage of the followers of Islam give it a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post

Can we keep them in a cage and walk them on a leash ?
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    So.... you're OK with Muslims from those countries but want to ban Pits? Got it.

5. Member
    Two words, leash law. This wouldn't have happened if the dog was on a leash.

Why did said moron have their twice bitten dog out for a ride to the Winn Dixie? I got a Benchmade with a 4" blade that I like to think I coulda stayed calm enough to repeatedly stick in that dogs neck had this been my child. I'm not sure I would be comfy with discharging a .40 in public with all that concrete around while Lassie was shaking my kid around. He sure coulda had my Benchmade or I woulda swapped him my arm or something while I put my thumb in his eye sockets.
    2018 Xpress H20 Bay
    Got it finally! Pictures soon to come...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jham0077 View Post
    Two words, leash law. This wouldn't have happened if the dog was on a leash.

Why did said moron have their twice bitten dog out for a ride to the Winn Dixie? I got a Benchmade with a 4" blade that I like to think I coulda stayed calm enough to repeatedly stick in that dogs neck had this been my child. I'm not sure I would be comfy with discharging a .40 in public with all that concrete around while Lassie was shaking my kid around. He sure coulda had my Benchmade or I woulda swapped him my arm or something while I put my thumb in his eye sockets.
    Not necessarily. You think a slender woman, a young child, or an elderly person would have enough strength to pull back on the charge of a pitbull even if on a leash? Perhaps it would help but I have seen incidents where an owner was walking a bigger dog and the dog all of a sudden spotted something... a squirrel, another dog, etc and then rapidly lunged in a sprint towards said object and pulled the leash out of their hands. It would be better to have a leash then to not have one but it still wouldn’t be 100% affective.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Not necessarily. You think a slender woman, a young child, or an elderly person would have enough strength to pull back on the charge of a pitbull even if on a leash? Perhaps it would help but I have seen incidents where an owner was walking a bigger dog and the dog all of a sudden spotted something... a squirrel, another dog, etc and then rapidly lunged in a sprint towards said object and pulled the leash out of their hands. It would be better to have a leash then to not have one but it still wouldn’t be 100% affective.
    There was a video which might have been posted here I cant remember. But it was of a chick walking a couple pits down the street when the dogs came across a persons house cat setting in the driveway. Well as you might have guessed it didn't end well for the cat. Dogs simply pulled the chick away and did what they wanted.

Since it was a cat I'm sure it was swept under the rug. Thankfully it wasn't someone's toddler. If it had been my pet on my property that got killed the dogs would be dead.

8. Banned
    From 2005 through 2017, pit bulls or pit bull mixes accounted for 284 of 483 of the deaths due to dog bite in the United States - 66% - according to dogsbite.org.
    So which statistic is correct? Or is that new doggie division? 284 divided by 483 is ...................

9. Member
    Florida law sucks regarding dog attacks. No action is taken after the first attack, it takes multiple attacks to get something done. Owners are not required to have liability insurance to cover victims medical cost and lost wages.

Quote Originally Posted by DvKing View Post
    So which statistic is correct? Or is that new doggie division? 284 divided by 483 is ...................
    284 of 433. Typo on my part, so my mistake. 65.58%. Even if it wasn't, does 58.8% by one dog breed change the point?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

I’ve trained bird dogs and beagles to hunt. House dogs to be house dogs. I need to be educated on what’s behind the purpose or the end justifies the means of pushing a pitt to its “limits.” What is the purpose and how does one push them to their limits, to see what result? I’ve never been close enough to this breed other than one showing me its teeth on the other side of my front door.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

12. Banned
    My questions to the pit owners are you willing to take the charge when your dog snaps??? If your dog kills a child are you willing to stand trial for murder?? I think if your reckless enough to own one of these, then YOU SHOULD have to face the consequences.

13. Member
    One thing for sure after the first attack, if the owner allows it to happen again the dog should be put down no questions asked.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

14. Member
    I didn't watch the video. Was there a leash on the dog? At least it woulda been something for a bystander to use. I'm a fan of choke chains personally. Those don't slip off of heads and a dog can only pull so long till it's out goes the lights.
    2018 Xpress H20 Bay
    Got it finally! Pictures soon to come...

Dog should be shot and the owner serve 3-5 years in the state penitentiary!

No different than carrying a loaded weapon and having it go off and shoot someone!

See ya

How about this.
    IF you were going to get into dog fighting, what breed would you choose?
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    How about this.
    IF you were going to get into dog fighting, what breed would you choose?
    Bassett hound.

I’ll bring the dog snacks

Attached Images Attached Images

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
    That's a snack for most pitbulls
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast