Altercation on Grand today...Ranger/White Red Basscat

Heard 2 guys in a white /red Cat w A Merc get into a really heated argument today w 2 fellows in a Ranger in the Nichols derby on Grand today. Thought they were gonna throw down on the water. Lol. I was fishing inside of the cove when it sounded like a MMA match taking place on the outside on the main lake.

Just wondering if the Cat owner(s) is a member on here. Wondering what started the ruckus and if anything transpired.

Most likely someone felt encroached upon. Public water and someone has to give to prevent the frustrations.

3. Banned
    happens all the time. Happened to me earlier this year for going around someone who was anchored in a channel about 40 feet wide and a mile long fishing a bed fish that they couldn't see. I guess I was suppose to go on lunch until they were finished before entering the sacred channel ( by the way I was on the trolling motor) funny part is I caught that fish a day before the tournament and released it in the main lake after some catch and release because it was bleeding and wanted to stop it before putting it back in the water and it was healthy when returned, no I did not say a word if they were not assbags I would have......sorry

4. Member
    At some point( prob has happened)it will come to someone getting their ass kicked for cutting in front of some one! Whats a fair distance will always be the argued point!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    At some point( prob has happened)it will come to someone getting their ass kicked for cutting in front of some one! Whats a fair distance will always be the argued point!
    And somebody will go to jail or die...or both

6. Member
    Some people go Ike, and on the other hand some people go ISH. :)

7. Member
    Son and I were on Lay a couple of weeks back. Going south on one of the island banks. Guy passes us and cuts over to the same bank, 50' from where we are. Didn't say anything. Someone passes him and cuts over to the same bank a couple of hundred feet further south and he goes ballistic. Guess some are just so self-aware they don't see others unless it impacts them.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    Son and I were on Lay a couple of weeks back. Going south on one of the island banks. Guy passes us and cuts over to the same bank, 50' from where we are. Didn't say anything. Someone passes him and cuts over to the same bank a couple of hundred feet further south and he goes ballistic. Guess some are just so self-aware they don't see others unless it impacts them.
    I look at it as too “self absorbed” unless they think it adversely affects them. There’s no excuse for arrogance or disrespect towards other anglers. Being in a hurry, fishing a tournament, or being a little full of one’s self are not a valid reasons to be an ass to others.
    I rarely have bad encounters with others on the water, but it has happened. Seems to be becoming more and more commonplace these days which is sad. But, still, the overwhelming majority of people I encounter on the water are friendly, and agreeable. I love to fish too much to let some a$$hole spoil my day, so I’ll normally move along when I encounter one unless they choose to make a confrontation unavoidable.
    It’s just fishing guys.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    Out here in CA there is a completely new breed of idiot.
    Can’t count how many times I have been fishing in a 5 mph zone
    paralleling the levee flippin the trough when a tournament guys goes past
    wide open and nearly puts me in the rocks . I’ll admit most of the time I let it go but from time
    to time I lose my cool . They seem to lose that self absorbed thing real quick when your boat to boat .
    Filks gota learn to be more respectful, we all work all week so we can have a little time to fish .