Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Hagen
    It's sounds like you need a lot of seat time with the little info provided. Also their is something wrong in the info you provided. you are at 2 1/2 below pad with 15-18psi? H20 psi out to be buried at that depth. Make 100% sure your getting a true measurement. Search on here how to do it if your not sure. Like others have said balancing helps a lot. Probably the best thing you can do to speed up the learning curve is to get another bullet owner to drive your boat or ride with someone. What part of Alabama are you in? Biggest thing is to be patient and wear a life jacket and kill switch. Be safe and let us know how it goes.
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

2. Member
    I finally made it to the lake today to test, I raised engine from 2 1/4 below to 3/4 below pad, with a passenger and full tank of fuel and we also brought along 2 foot level and put it on the front deck and leveled out the boat. The first pass or two felt a little better, I was just bumping up the trim small amounts and never got to neutral trim and it walking at 65 mph 5200 rpm with h2o psi at 15. I put the boat on trailer raised engine to 1/2 above pad, the boat seemed to be a little better but started walking at 69-70 at 5400 rpm and h2o psi at 11, with the trim the same as I had done before a little at a time. We moved some stuff around and put weight on opposite side just to try but still walking around 70 mph at 5400, If I tried to trim any more I mean just 1 bump at all it would get worse quick, We made about 20 passes trying different speeds to start bumping the trim, all had about the same results. I guess my next step is to try to get in touch with someone around here with a 21 bullet and get them to drive it and see how they drive it.

That would be the best for you....Also you can get on a lake large and wide enough to put the boat into a slight left turn for miles.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    I live in your area, would be happy to meet you at one of the local boat ramps to help you out. Just went through this with my brother-in-law in a 20xd he just got. He thought something was wrong with his boat, but after some time with him he is running in the low 80's (still needs a little more seat time). I have a 21xd with 250 @ 3/4 below the pad, your set-up should be good.

Mike

5. Member
    delete... double post
    Last edited by TooTall Mccaw; 05-25-2018 at 09:06 AM.

6. Member
    TooTall, I will get up with you after the tropical storm leaves are area this week, Thanks for the offer to help.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    With a 1.75 TM, you need to be at 1/2" below with a 28 Promax or 28 Hydromotive XOB. Also a 29 Bravo XS will run decent at 3/4" below.

A 26 TXP will be all over the limiter with 1.75s.

What you need more than anything is some seat time. No matter how perfect the setup is... if you cant drive it, its gonna start walking about 68 mph.

Seat time, seat time, seat time.....and then get some more seat time.

It takes small properly timed bumps to the left to counteract the right hand rotation of the prop making the boat fall off pad.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. Member
    That's how I learned, seat time seat time seat time, and I had a little help from some great boat drivers, first get very comfortable with driving your boat, then when your comfortable, go a little faster, but don't rush it, in time it will become normal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12