Any paint ballers out there

Picked up a Spyder Flash at a local flea market cheap. Wasn't out looking for one but it was cheap and figured if I use it once its paid for itself. I used to play a lot but that was roughly 20 years ago so I'm out of the loop. I seem to remember the name Spyder but wasn't sure if they were any count. Seems like a pretty cool deal as its electronic and I can set for single , 3 round, 6 round, or full auto. I think back in the day when I played I used an auto mag.. or something like that. It wasn't electronic though.

Anyone familiar with the Spyders.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    What happened to Paint Ball? There used to be courses all over the place and ESPN used to show competitions that drew bigger audiences than Professional Fishing.....Did Video games lead to their demise or did insurance costs explode?

It got really expensive like anything else and when they came out with airsoft I think that hurt them.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    What happened to Paint Ball? There used to be courses all over the place and ESPN used to show competitions that drew bigger audiences than Professional Fishing.....Did Video games lead to their demise or did insurance costs explode?
    There are still a couple paintball courses around here. Not sure if the number is up or down as I just haven't followed it in a long time.

5. Member
    Me and some of my buddies used to be really big into paintball. We would make our own courses and everything and then we just all lost interest in it I guess. I had a tippman 98 custom but someone got into my mom's storage room at her house and took it and my whole bow hunting setup. Back then the 2 best brands of guns was tippman and spyder.

Had a spyder in anodized red all done up... Can’t remember the model .. but don’t think I can run around and dive behind things like I did 20 years ago

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaPhoenix View Post
    Me and some of my buddies used to be really big into paintball. We would make our own courses and everything and then we just all lost interest in it I guess. I had a tippman 98 custom but someone got into my mom's storage room at her house and took it and my whole bow hunting setup. Back then the 2 best brands of guns was tippman and spyder.
    Ohh yeah I remember when the Tippman 98 came out.. They had something funky with the barrel which allowed it to shoot really long and straight.

Kinda same boat. Had a bunch of friends and we all played but eventually lost interest as we got older.