Lowrance gen 3 external temperature offset how to?

I have 2 gen 3 12's and an external temp sensor and cannot find the temp offset anywhere. Can someone please help and tell me where it is in the settings.

2. Member
    Its under Pages/Settings/Sonar/Installation/ temp calibration assuming you have the latest software update on your gen3

3. Member
    When I go to that it says no temp available and yes I have latest software

4. Member
    Then that means the temp is not connected to that unit from your transducer. I know see you have ext temp. Is your temp a nema temp? Go to network/data sources or device list and see if you can calibrate there. do you have live network sonar setup on both unit. if so you "set depth and temp" to what?

5. Member
    Yes the temperature gauge is on the nmea network I have gone into data sources and device list and the only thing is calibrate.

6. Member
    You mean calibrate temp? Isn't that what you are looking for?

7. Member

8. Member
    Calibrate isn't a tempature adjustment if it is tell me how. Just want to adjust my temperature 7 degrees lower. Cannot find it anywhere.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by philip garcia View Post
    Calibrate isn't a tempature adjustment if it is tell me how. Just want to adjust my temperature 7 degrees lower. Cannot find it anywhere.
    How do you know your temp is off 7 degrees? That isn’t something common to change because normal anglers do not have temperature calibration equipment.

I am having the exact same issue. My external NEMA temp gauge reads a consistent 7* high. Checked against several different boats, an aquarium thermometer and my the other gauge off my transducer at the trolling motor....all of these other sources are within 1-2 degrees of each other.

I have have looked everywhere to adjust/calibrate the temp.... no luck

appreciate any help!
    Last edited by J D; 05-23-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

11. Member
    There is a Software update for temp sensors 1.2 if you don't have that version already might be worth a try. I don't see any way to adjust Nema temp sensors at this time. I have an EP 35 but it right on with my transducers within 1 degree. Try calling Lowrance and see what they say about this.

https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...dex.html?r=113

12. Member
    I have said this so many times it sounds like a broken record. Please list all components of your system, how they are linked, what peripheral devices you have connected, what software update you are on, and what EXACTLY is the problem. I know there is no temp offset control. Because there isn't a need for one. If something is reading wrong in your view, it is either broken or, it is correct and you are misinterpreting the data it is sending you. How do you know it is 7 degrees off? Have you put a thermometer next to the sensor and showed it to be off? That would indicate it is broken. I'm sure we can fix this issue but more info is needed.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

13. Member
    Resurrecting an old thread with a very strange Temp issue on my Bow mounted HDS Gen 3 9 which is using the HDI Skimmer transducer. The Bow unit is linked to the Console unit (also Gen 3) and both units are running the latest software. The 2d and DS/SS are perfect on both graphs.

The issue: The temperature, on the bow graph only, is reading around 29F-33F (no not Celsius!) in 75 F water.

Also under Network / Data Sources / Sonar .... there is NO "HDS 9 Sonar (This Device)" listed ... just the generic "Sonar (This Device)... which seems strange.

1. I've tried selecting Temp Source under Installation when picking the correct Transducer but it shows none / greyed out.

2. Maybe a Local vs Global thing ?

Thoughts ?
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

My HDS 7s independent(not tranducer) temp (nmea) reads 20 degrees higher than my other to sonar units AND others boats. Changed the head to an HDS 9 and then 12 STILL 20+.....changed probes....still at +20...........?

15. Member
    Nevermind Just Kidding
    Last edited by Basshopper; 04-09-2023 at 11:00 AM.

16. Member
    Where is the temp probe located? Have you put a thermometer next to it and confirmed that it is reading wrong. Once that is done, only thing left is a bad probe.
    2B112175

17. Member
    BH, you’re replying to a post from 2021. There is a post underneath from today
    2B112175

The shoot thru temp probe suck and are not adjustable

19. Member
    Perfect thought the last 2 were together its easter i am sure all is forgiven LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Where is the temp probe located? Have you put a thermometer next to it and confirmed that it is reading wrong. Once that is done, only thing left is a bad probe.
    i resurrected an old thread .....probe (trans mount) reads high per 3 other sources AND i changed probes