Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USA Visiting Nashville

I've been in Nashville for a few days being a tourist and I honestly wasn't sure what to expect. I have to say that this one of the nicest cities I've been to. The people here are fantastic,the food is great and the city is full of amazing stories. Im a huge music fan and was able to tour down Music Row. We were lucky enough to even get a tour of Warner Music and BBR. We showed up at the door and they were more than willing to show us around. Getting to see how and where so many country hits have been made is something I'll always remember.

For this that live here, thanks for showing us such a great time! We can't wait to come back!

2. Member

3. Banned
    Opryland hotel is a site to see also

Spend an hour or two at Tootsie’s. Nashville has more very talented musicians that you’ll never hear of than anywhere else.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Glad it's been good to you. As nice folks as you must be.. being on BBC and all, you're welcome back anytime.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Thanks for sharing your adventures the wife and I have had some good trips to Nashville and found it the same even though some Crackhead broke the window out of our pickup at the hotel thinking the trash bag that was full of my old stinky fishing clothes were of some value....The staff put some temporary plastic on our windows to keep the rain out, a fishing buddy in the area helped me get a rental car and the very busy mobile glass repair fella came by the next day and got it all fixed up so we never missed a minute of fun.

Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

9. Banned
    I was fortunate to grow up as a young musician in Nashville in the 60's. It is truly The Music City it just for the U.S. but for the whole world. And it is not just country music--but all forms of music including Southern Gospel, jazz, soul and all genres.

The Middle Tennessee region is presently growing at an incredible pace, and is approaching megapolis status. And there is always a lake within 1/2 hour with great fishing.

10. Member

We're actually seeing that on the way you!e tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Bishop View Post
    Opryland hotel is a site to see also

I couldn't agree more. We just left Bourbon Street in Printers Alley and heard a great band. They were an older band and man could they play. The drummer looked like Keith Richards and was crushing it! It was an awesome way to end our trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Spend an hour or two at Tootsie’s. Nashville has more very talented musicians that you’ll never hear of than anywhere else.

13. Member

14. Member
    We often joke that the guy or girl who valets your car can sing or play better than most folks in NYC or LA. It's true more than you would believe.

15. Member
    Glad you’re enjoying the stay.

16. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Had a good time when we went down 2nd Avenue, just avoid the chain places.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZero View Post
    We often joke that the guy or girl who valets your car can sing or play better than most folks in NYC or LA. It's true more than you would believe.
    Its funny you said that because alot of times the waiters ,waitress and such can probably play and sing better than most on the radio.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I was fortunate to grow up as a young musician in Nashville in the 60's. It is truly The Music City it just for the U.S. but for the whole world. And it is not just country music--but all forms of music including Southern Gospel, jazz, soul and all genres.

The Middle Tennessee region is presently growing at an incredible pace, and is approaching megapolis status. And there is always a lake within 1/2 hour with great fishing.
    Just curious, are you still in the business?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    We're actually seeing that on the way you!e tomorrow
    Hope your taking in a show at the opry. They sell the tickets in the hotel. Awesome people there.
    Used to work all the Jan/Feb or it was the Feb/March sport shows there, before the stadium was built. Id go there at the drop of a hat for my sponsors. Hated the traffic but loved Nashville.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. We just left Bourbon Street in Printers Alley and heard a great band. They were an older band and man could they play. The drummer looked like Keith Richards and was crushing it! It was an awesome way to end our trip.
    my kinda place. Good music, good people, and good food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast